360 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+8 more
Philo01 Envato team says
big sales drops for me after this new “Buy Now” feature, I had hardly days with 0 sales but but after this new feature I had 1 sale in 2 days, don’t know what is the exact cause for the drop of my sales ;)

Same here… I had my worst sales day in months for a Wednesday yesterday, my sales halved compared to the Wednesday before the higher price was displayed on items. I’ve uploaded new files every week, I have home page exposure but still experiencing an unexpected sales dip ever since the ‘buy now’ price changes were added.

If Envato is seeing on overall dip on their side, then you have to think why and what did you change on the site recently which would causes this. A few reasons that I can point out.

1) Having the higher priced displayed makes everything appear more expensive at first glance, this could scare off new buyers who could very easily go to another marketplace which appears cheaper.

2) Because buyers don’t need to deposit a minimum of $20 any more, that means less money coming in and less sales.

3) For prepaid customers the $2 discount is not enough incentive since its the same price as before for them, so it’s not like if they deposit they going to save and would probably go for ‘buy now’ for purchases under $20.

How can you fix this:

1) Show the lower priced on items, and explain the $2 surcharge fee for ‘buy now’. Less confusing, makes everything seem correctly priced, more transparent.

2) As chuck said “You need to do what all good stock sites do and offer a progressive scale of discounts for bulk deposits” so therefore you need some better incentive to attract deposit payments, than the fake ‘save $2’ idea.

Please fix it!

+1

Sales have dropped for me as well :(

988 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
thomas07 says
To envato: The day you launch this site, will be also the day you are going to loose many of your GraphicRiver authors…atleast, i am leaving.
I’ve just had this crazy idea that probably they will hurry up to bring online that new site if you say to them you want to leave after that. :D

if thats the only way to get off from me…why not :D

4327 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says
@DigitalScience

How can you fix this:

1) Show the lower priced on items, and explain the $2 surcharge fee for ‘buy now’. Less confusing, makes everything seem correctly priced, more transparent.

2) As chuck said “You need to do what all good stock sites do and offer a progressive scale of discounts for bulk deposits” so therefore you need some better incentive to attract deposit payments, than the fake ‘save $2’ idea.

Please fix it!

+1 I’m totally with you in this.

1389 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Pdesignx says

i think those changes and new features can not make such differeneces on authors sales count individually… i think it’s just a chance affected by combination of “being on the homepage (either by a new file or being featured or popular) and having a large portfolio to be able to shown in any purchaser search keyword criteria… for example if someone search for a “form field character counter” application and if you have it, this is a big plus for your end… he can also see your other files and may get into them…

2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says
2) Because buyers don’t need to deposit a minimum of $20 any more, that means less money coming in and less sales. Please fix it!

+1

There is no “remain” money to spend. They can just buy something then never return. This won’t encourage them to deposit min. $20. They’ll jsut pay the $2 more then disappear :S

So what ? Maybe that mean they only buy stuff they really want ? Maybe some guys had extra sales because buyers had money to spent that would have stay there if they did not buy a “banner rotator”.

Having that feature give more sales to item that buyers really wanted because there is a lot of buyers that didnt wanted to pay 40$ for a 30$ item , now they do. And yes .. when buyers had 10$ left on their account , I’m sure they were heading to AD to buy some flash module.

I guess now we have to create item buyers really want so that they buy it because they WANT it not because they have some penny in their pocket.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

And guys , let’s not forget that it’s December and everybody are shopping for christmas gift = less cash to spend on Envato marketplace.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
RimmonTrieu says

@DDStudios: Surely you cannot complain or disagree with the new system since it brings you and some other author more sales but I have seen dramatical drop of my income with the buy now feature. Anyway let just hope it get better after the holiday :)

4641 posts Love & Light
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says
@DDStudios: Surely you cannot complain or disagree with the new system since it brings you and some other author more sales but I have seen dramatical drop of my income with the buy now feature. Anyway let just hope it get better after the holiday :)

It’s interesting so far alot of top authors are seeing an unusual drop in income… we’ve been around here for a while and I have to say this is a very unusual drop so something is wrong. Envanto needs to listen to their top authors if their sales are being effected with this new change. From my graphs you can clearly see the dip when the ‘buy now’ feature was implemented… clearly it had a negative effect.

3256 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

Well,

I’ve noticed a little sales drop yesterday, but, since the pay now release, I’ve had probably one of the best weeks… almost 2/5 of my sales have been made with the buy now option… more cash in my pockets…

So, on my side, things are going normally/well

Parker

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
It’s interesting so far alot of top authors are seeing an unusual drop in income… we’ve been around here for a while and I have to say this is a very unusual drop so something is wrong. Envanto needs to listen to their top authors, if their sales are being effected with this new change.

One reason why top author are top author (beside being super talented) is because they have a LOT of files + lot of traffic on their portfolio because they are on top sellers list.

With the old system , buyers had to buy some other stuff because they had spare change ..

So they would go shopping without really needing something.

Personally , if Envato would give me 100$ and tell me : You have 15 min to spend it on the Marketplace .. I think I would go directly in your portfolio DS , and other top author portfolio because I know that they are the best place to buy something even if I don’t need that stuff right now , you follow me ?

Now .. If someone really need something in your portfolio , he will buy it. Yeah you will lose some cash because now people wont spend their spare change on your stuff but I am sure author lost a lot of sales because buyer had to deposit and didnt wanted to spend cash on a banner rotator after purchasing a 30$ theme.

by
by
by
by
by
by