• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says
@babyboy – It’s always a possibility; but my guess is that we won’t be implementing this feature anytime soon. @designspike – The problem is that, with nearly 300,000 members, it would be impossible – at this time – to allow for withdrawals any day of the week.

Also , it’s a question of security. Supposed someone hack your account and withdraw your money .. now all he can do is ask to have all earnings deposit in his account next 15th .. you have plenty of time to see that and take actions .. :)

4317 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
@babyboy – It’s always a possibility; but my guess is that we won’t be implementing this feature anytime soon. @designspike – The problem is that, with nearly 300,000 members, it would be impossible – at this time – to allow for withdrawals any day of the week.

Plus 3000+ active authors. That’ll be impossible @designspike.

475 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 8-9 years
cyan Staff says
Is there any chance of speeding up payments to authors? I really dislike having to wait until the 15th of every month. Even if there was a dollar (or five or ten) charge to get it faster, I’d like the option to withdraw money on my own schedule.

Yes this is a common piece of feedback we get – and I agree it can be a long wait. I was briefed that the delay was in place to guard against fraud – so we go through payments in detail to ensure that if anything looks questionable we can catch it. We never want a situation where somehow an author’s account is accessed and a payout requested and processed before anyone picks it up (as a side note, that is why it’s SO IMPORTANT that authors have very good password security)!

We were discussing trying to roll out a system so that we have two payment cycles a month. There would still need to be the same cooling off period, but two opportunities per month for a payout. Would that help? If it’s useful I’ll suggest to accounts that we begin working towards that.

426 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
vasilios says

I think a bimonthly withdrawal option would be nice because it would still give someone (about) two weeks to find out if someone other than themselves requested a withdrawal. That’s just my opinion, but I’m sure many would agree. :)

• Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Venezuela
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
We were discussing trying to roll out a system so that we have two payment cycles a month.

... and please Cyan if you’re reading our posts get rid of this box and put more files on it ;)

\\

Please.!

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says
We were discussing trying to roll out a system so that we have two payment cycles a month.

... and please Cyan if you’re reading our posts get rid of this box and put more files on it ;)

\\

Please.!

I have to agree – it’s been said since the re-design. It’s really a massive mistake to take up the top third of your website that’s sole purpose is to sell files with things like this. It’s online commerce 101 to get products in the face of users immediately – not filler frills and instructions in the footer on how to use the menu at the top!?

Sorry don’t mean to be harsh but the redesign looks like it was designed by someone who doesn’t understand online commerce and usability – the forums show many posts of people trying to find out where stuff is – and those are authors who are here all the time.

Please don’t take everything too negative – I love this place – really I do and the staff here – it’s awesome. But I think you need to outsource some of your stuff to people who are experts in things like a redesign of one of the largest marketplaces on the internet today with massive scope for huge growth – did any of it get tested with focus groups for usability etc?

10 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Themespike says
We were discussing trying to roll out a system so that we have two payment cycles a month. There would still need to be the same cooling off period, but two opportunities per month for a payout. Would that help? If it’s useful I’ll suggest to accounts that we begin working towards that.

Absolutely!

It would be nice not to have to request payment every month as well. If it’s already there, sorry. Ideally if I’ve made more that x number of dollars (say $50), I can set it to just pay me out every month (or two weeks like you’re talking).

475 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 8-9 years
cyan Staff says

Hi all, I’ve just consolidated all the threads on this issue to this one and made it a global discussion. :-)

To answer the question regarding the home page box, I don’t think we’ll be replacing it with files as I think that might assault the eye a little, but we will be putting more files on the page soon (which I know is what you guys like to hear!!).

The homepage feature box (currently with the Email Templates) actually drives lots of traffic to that new category so I think it is useful, but we need to change it more often I think! :-)

Anyway, I know you guys have a lot of comments to make on a variety of issues that are all very valid, but if we can keep this thread on topic as much as possible that would be great – otherwise it will become too difficult for us to cover.

If you do have feedback that’s not about this new announcement please send it to support or put it in the Site Feedback section. We may not always be able to give specific feedback but it all gets read and considered. :-)

Thanks guys!

• Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Venezuela
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says
[...] but if we can keep this thread on topic as much as possible that would be great.

Got it Cyan! ;) thanks for the reply though.

146 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
CodeByASH says

Cyan,

Thanks for your answers :)

I’m sure this will work better for all

by
by