• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
Ansimuz says

Hi

I got this situation:

A buyer is having issues from a theme from my portfolio. The thing is that he installed it on Godaddy and he is the only one having this issue since the theme works perfectly on other servers.

Do i have the responsibility to make his installation works on that server. I said this cause he is telling me he would ask for a refun if i dont solve the issues.

Can you give me some advise on this i dont want to be a bad author but also i dont want to spend more hours trying to solve an issue i dont have control since i am sure is the servers fault.

Cheers

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

Just link him to the WordPress forum. :)

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

It’s really up to you on how much help you want to give the buyer. If it comes down to them being unsatisfied and actually asking for a refund (as it sounds like it is getting to that point), you just need to tell them that all refunds are handled by TF and not individual authors and that they need to contact TF support if they would like to ask for a refund.

And if you want advice from us on what theoretically could be the problem, you should post more info about what’s going on … Because honestly your theme simply not working on all GoDaddy hosting is sort of a big issue.

257 posts luiszuno.com
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
Ansimuz says

I did but he wont care :P

I sent him these links to convince him to switch servers (for his own good)

http://wordpress.org/search/godaddy+sucks?forums=1

and

http://wordpress.org/search/godaddy+slow?forums=1

257 posts luiszuno.com
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
Ansimuz says

It’s really up to you on how much help you want to give the buyer. If it comes down to them being unsatisfied and actually asking for a refund (as it sounds like it is getting to that point), you just need to tell them that all refunds are handled by TF and not individual authors and that they need to contact TF support if they would like to ask for a refund.

I know that “With great Themes comes great Responsibility” so you must know better than me that this kind of issues are stressing since i cannot help my buyers further and also dont want to make a bad impression on them.

Thanks for the advice.

213 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
agusmu says

Also link them to Google with “Wordpress Godaddy Slow” keyword for example…

If they keep asking refund, tell him to process the refund through TF support http://themeforest.net/support and support will handle it. Done!

Then you can move on…

Some buyers is Wordpress starter. some of them are very sensitive person. Some of them don’t believe you when you say ‘it is bad’. It is normal. As long as you have tried to give your best answer/explanation, then you are a good author

3007 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

The theme is downloaded by the customer. STOP .
The theme works. STOP .
Byebye refund. STOP .
I hate godaddy, i had to move wordpress today for a customer because it returned errors all over wordpress. STOP .
Godaddy go home with your servers and go to sleep.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Bryanf says

Godaddy used to a good host but from time to time users are getting more problem from it. For easy and fast installation and set up, try Dreamhost.

346 posts Gambit
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Philippines
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
bfintal says

For me the best thing would be to get all necessary login credentials to the webserver and have a go at it yourself. Then if you still can’t get it to work, just tell the buyer that you’ve tried everything and can’t get it to work and to ask for a refund. In my experience, trying to help the buyer by trying it yourself can go a long way whether or not you get it fixed.. at least you tried.

Asking the buyer to switch hosts is a no-no for me, even if you know you are right.. they might think it offensive :)

548 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
tonvie says

I agree with Themeblvd.

Do the best you can to solve the problem, try to remain professional, try to fix it.

If not, ask TF yourself to give a refund to him. I’ve found out as others have that sometimes it’s just best to give the refund and rid yourself of a problem child who could go on a rampage and try to destroy your business over 35.00. There’s people like that in the world who have nothing better than to try and destroy you, have control over you, all over 35.00. It’s not worth it…

by
by
by
by
by
by