After reading the regular and extended license I couldn’t see specific mention about using music to promote a product, so I just wanted to check.
Looking to buy a background track to use with a video clip of the product (it’s a camera dolly, you know a set of portable tracks) to put on youtube, vimeo and possibly our website.
We’re a tiny company, staff of 2. Is this permissible under the Regular license?
Cheers, Chris Albert www.wallydolly.com
- Envato Staff
- Has attended an Envato Live event
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Has been a member for 2-3 years
Hey Albert, I agree, if the promotion comes at joutube, vimeo, etc enough to be a regular license. But if you plan to use the music in a commercial project, tv, radio, game, in which case they would have to have the license extended.