• Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

Thanks for all your comments

@atlasmc Thanks, good to get a marketplace buyer perspective

@jonathan01 regarding media temple, a little trick whenever you submit a ticket, post on twitter that you submitted a ticket about a media temple issue (with the @mediatemple in it), someone from the support department gets back to you within minutes because they are so scared of having bad reviews on places like twitter, don’t we just love the way twitter has made companies change and get scared when things go wrong :)

367 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Denmark
+1 more
UI20 says
Thanks for all your comments

@atlasmc Thanks, good to get a marketplace buyer perspective

@jonathan01 regarding media temple, a little trick whenever you submit a ticket, post on twitter that you submitted a ticket about a media temple issue (with the @mediatemple in it), someone from the support department gets back to you within minutes because they are so scared of having bad reviews on places like twitter, don’t we just love the way twitter has made companies change and get scared when things go wrong :)

My hosting company has 10 minutes waiting time and live support chat. HO HO !

I think MT is pure hype.

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

I understand the frustration because uneducated buyer is practically lost without us (authors). But come one, buy a book or hire somebody. If that project is personal, you can wait even for 2 days and if that project is business, you should already know how TF authors operate by now and if you need help fast, hire somebody – it’s business, you can afford it because a theme costs what, a 30-40 dollars? And sending such disrespectful email after snooping in his personal life is just a fast way to receive no support at all. We all do our best here, we are not robots, we have lives too. We are good in graphic design, english language, css, php, js, wordpress, FREE customer support, bug fixing, updates, etc. Our themes consists of thousands lines of code and hundreds of files (my latest theme has 524 files without psds btw). We usually work months on a single theme. And you pay $30-40 for ALL that. That’s also the same sum what buyers usually charge their clients per single hour of work on our themes. Isn’t that beautiful? I guess no if that person had to write such a negative email.

On the same note, I’ve talked with some business owners in totally different business fields and we came to a fact that around 15% of clients are problematic. Some of these biz owners are used to even hang up the phone on these people after the first 3 minutes of their first conversation, because they already know how it will end so they will just save themselves some time and rather invest the saved energy for the rest of their clients who will actually appreciate it much more and can even bring more money to their business in the end.

Oh, and here is a good read (I am famous lol – somebody actually blogged about me)

http://getmochi.com/blog/customer-service-fail-london-creative

He later apologized in the comments under that article, so no harm, it’s all settled now, but there are lots of points in that article, worth reading. (for example: ‘Word choice can infuriate your customers’)

Here are some comments to that article too: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1433353

199 posts
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+4 more
themeva says
I think your answer was pretty good, couldn’t have said better. I’ve had some buyers like that, I even had one who bought the theme and demanded free customizations, but the majority of the clients are very comprehensive and understand that we give support on our free time and that there’s a limit to how much we can do in some cases.
At the same time amazed by the support given by the majority of the Authors. I wonder when they sleep especially for the first few weeks.
Sleep? I think I forgot what’s that…

+1

199 posts
+4 more
themeva says
Well the problem is that the buyers are being spoiled big time. There are ways to start addressing this issue and take off some of the workload off Authors and set realistic expectations for the buyers. I think this is spiraling out of control. A few others and me suggested a new support structure for items in 2 or 3 other threads.

I think something needs to be done aswell, I’m hot on my replies and at the moment It’s taking a good few hours out of my day and I only have one theme. And it’s not mostly bugs, it’s how to do basic wordpress things, not reading the documentation, feature requests and so on.

What people are getting is absolutely INCREDIBLE for the money they are paying and they have forgotten what it’s worth. Luckily there are mostly amazing customers who can’t thank enough and that’s what makes it worthwhile.

When I saw the new tutorial marketplace my first thought was AWESOME I can create some screencasts on how to do things and at the same time earn money. That would solve a lot of the support requests.

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says
Well the problem is that the buyers are being spoiled big time. There are ways to start addressing this issue and take off some of the workload off Authors and set realistic expectations for the buyers. I think this is spiraling out of control. A few others and me suggested a new support structure for items in 2 or 3 other threads.

I think something needs to be done aswell, I’m hot on my replies and at the moment It’s taking a good few hours out of my day and I only have one theme. And it’s not mostly bugs, it’s how to do basic wordpress things, not reading the documentation, feature requests and so on.

What people are getting is absolutely INCREDIBLE for the money they are paying and they have forgotten what it’s worth. Luckily there are mostly amazing customers who can’t thank enough and that’s what makes it worthwhile.

When I saw the new tutorial marketplace my first thought was AWESOME I can create some screencasts on how to do things and at the same time earn money. That would solve a lot of the support requests.

Is it just me or you just copied that from some other thread? :)

199 posts
+4 more
themeva says

No why ???

385 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
uDesignStudios says
Oh, and here is a good read (I am famous lol – somebody actually blogged about me)

He later apologized in the comments under that article, so no harm, it’s all settled now, but there are lots of points in that article, worth reading. (for example: ‘Word choice can infuriate your customers’)

Here are some comments to that article too: http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=1433353

This is just epic fresh, you made my day.

206 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
mlando says

A FREE developer Does NOT come with your purchase!

Support is NOT required by authors. What is so hard to understand here? Yes we help when we can and if there is a bug it should be fixed. Other than that… any reply is more than is required. Demanding rude people really piss me off.

3228 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

did your sales spike after that post was made?

@simnor you did nothing wrong

I dont understand some people I think most authors on here go above and beyond what “support” means most other marketplaces just have a forum where people can ask questions about the themes and most the time they dont even get answered. There paying 35 bucks for something that potentially cost the author thousands of dollars to create(by their hourly)

by
by
by
by
by
by