• Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

Damn, that quote disappeared * smashing my head, need to check my replies after posting *

So here we go again:

////////////////////

Perhaps the biggest problem most bloggers run into is trying to please everyone. Don’t even try – it’s impossible to do. No matter how hard you try, there will always be somebody that has a problem with what you are saying. Most of the time you’ll find 30% of your audience agrees with you, 30% disagrees with you, 30% doesn’t care either way, and the other 10% insists on freaking out and making a scene. Don’t feed the trolls, as they say. The key is to embrace that 30% of readers that actually “gets” you.

Quoted from: http://perishablepress.com/press/2010/08/30/lessons-learned-after-5-years-of-blogging/

206 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
mlando says

@freshface I completely disagree :)

JK… very true

1840 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says
@freshface I completely disagree :) JK… very true

ok, but with what part? :) I’ve made quite a few posts here. Feel free to post a more detailed reply if you have time.

206 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
mlando says

sarcasm…

I think your last post reads true. There are always problems but hopefully they are outweighed by the people that embrace and support your work. I have found that many buyers are pretty cool and most have similar interests and even work in related fields. I had one buyer send me some cool reef sandals from the company he works for and another send me some artwork prints from their portfolio. All for provided them timely support and a solid solution for their project. Some people “get it”. They understand the time it takes to actually answer there questions and help them with issues they may be having.

There are real people at both ends of the transaction and both deserve to be treated that way. Sometimes it is easy to forget that in online marketplaces.

by
by
by
by
by
by