1337 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Any buyers out there, if you’re buying a theme thats complicated enough to use a page builder, do you specifically check which page builder this is? Do you prefer certain page builders to others? Could the choice of page builder completely make or break the sale for you?

Authors – Same applies for themes you buy, but I’m quite interested in buyers answers here, so let’s try keep opinions hidden so as not to distort the feedback :)

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
goofydadog says

I love visual composer! As I just set up websites, it is the end user that maintains them, and I find that they just love the ease-of-use a page builder gives them.

+6 more
tommusrhodus says

I love visual composer! As I just set up websites, it is the end user that maintains them, and I find that they just love the ease-of-use a page builder gives them.

Thanks for the feedback! :) If a theme you liked didn’t use Visual Composer would you instantly move on to the next? Would you give the chosen builder some thought, or is the familiarity with VC a core value you have when buying a complex theme?

Cheers! :)

1291 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
ImanGM says

Hey Tom!

If I’m acceptable as a buyer, then I should say it’s very important for me as without it I should fight with shortcodes and … Of course this is important in a business theme.

But I had purchased a theme from @SoloPine a few months ago which didn’t have any shortcodes or page builder but it was clean and beautiful and I’m 100% satisfied with it too. Of course I’ve used it for a magazine/blog site not a business one.

So, as a buyer, I won’t purchase a theme which does not have a page builder if I’m going to make a business site but for a creative or blog site, it’s a different story :)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Iman

+6 more
tommusrhodus says

So, as a buyer, I won’t purchase a theme which does not have a page builder if I’m going to make a business site but for a creative or blog site, it’s a different story :)

Cheers for the feedback Iman :)

What about the actual page builder itself, is it enough for a complex theme to simple have a page builder, or is there any specific page builder you keep an eye out for?

Cheers!

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
goofydadog says
If a theme you liked didn’t use Visual Composer would you instantly move on to the next?

No not instantly, some builders are actually much better (this guy built his own amazing builder: http://themeforest.net/user/lollum). but I have bought my fair share of dud themes and would be quite cautious. The advantage of a big selling page builder such as Visual Composer is the constant major updates, security patches, compatibility with other plugins (WPML ect) and support, as well as being able to just google if a problem arises. Visual Composer also has loads of add-ons available to purchase.

Would you give the chosen builder some thought, or is the familiarity with VC a core value you have when buying a complex theme?

As above.

P.S just checked out your portfolio – You have some very nice themes!

285 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themeflame says

I think that, now that I know about it – (As a buyer, as I buy items too.), I wouldn’t download a theme, only if it were extremely special, if it didn’t have it. Well, perhaps I would, but it should atleast have shortcodes that I can use, to build my pages. 2-3 years ago, perhaps it didn’t matter, but Page builders are an “introduced need”. And it’s a good need, because it saves time, a lot.

Even if it’s not Visual Composer, I just couldn’t see life without a page builder. Page builders are love, page builders are life.

Honestly – when Live Composer came out, it was a shock because I always wanted to see it happening, it saved tremendous time. So, as a buyer and not an author, I think it should be a standard as more and more people use such plugins.
So, perhaps others see it this way too. Anyways, am not sure many visitors visit the forums, so you’d be better off asking them individually!:)

“Would you move to the next theme if it didn’t have Visual Composer”?

This is heavily subjective – because I know that most items are the same and perhaps I could just achieve the same thing with a tad bit of customizability. In my case, yes. But the normal buyers are heavily influenced by “trends” and top selling themes. To aid my statement, just look at top sellers. I mean, do they sell because they’re bigger/better than some themes? No way. They sell because there’s a reputation behind. To me, honestly, when I buy items and talk to people that buy them, is a high discrepancy, they’re more like “Hey, what’s popular? If it’s popular, it must mean it’s good!”, that’s actual feedback from “buyers” I spoke with. The way I pick items are : “Okay, so does this look killer? Let’s check top showcasing sites and compare.”,” If I use this theme on a site, are people gonna say “Wow.”?” But the usual buyers don’t really think about that, as a matter of fact, perhaps top Elites have some research done – but I’ve been mapping a lot of items and gathering data, yet it all seems so random, it’s like there’s no pattern to what people like. There seem to be 2-3 things, actually, which make them thick, but except from that…There’s no “formula” (I think that’s why you asked about Page Builders).

Good luck.

+7 more
ImanGM says

is there any specific page builder you keep an eye out for?

Well, I prefer to work with Visual Composer because it’s easy to use and you can easily customize/extend it inside your self created plugin without touching VC codes and meanwhile enjoy it’s updates and new features.

I’ve tried several other page builders but they were not as good as VC.

There is only one page builder that I like more than Visual Composer and this is what Kriesi is using in his Enfold theme which is a perfect and super easy to use page builder but it’s his own, so I guess it’s out of the game if you want to make a page builder for your themes ;)

Cheers,
Iman

285 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themeflame says

is there any specific page builder you keep an eye out for?

Well, I prefer to work with Visual Composer because it’s easy to use and you can easily customize/extend it inside your self created plugin without touching VC codes and meanwhile enjoy it’s updates and new features.

I’ve tried several other page builders but they were not as good as VC.

There is only one page builder that I like more than Visual Composer and this is what Kriesi is using in his Enfold theme which is a perfect and super easy to use page builder but it’s his own, so I guess it’s out of the game if you want to make a page builder for your themes ;)

Cheers,
Iman

Never saw the one from Enfold – are there any videos/screens of it? :)

+7 more
ImanGM says

Never saw the one from Enfold – are there any videos/screens of it? :)

Not sure if there is a video or something in their item description page but I’ve seen and worked with it on a client site and it was really awesome :)

Cheers,
Iman

by
by
by
by
by
by