1384 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
fuelthemes says

Avada disagrees.

The best selling theme does not have a page builder.

1042 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I bought some themes for friends and others for a couple of customers. They usually sit right beside me, we are looking at the same screen. I show them the description of the theme, the live demo, the screenshots and the comments but they never ask about a page builder.

What usually counts is how easy if for them to add images for the portfolio, or the way the text looks like (on mobile, tablet and pc), also of course the entire look and feel.

They usually comment about the pages loading speed or about portfolio images distorted or about the text not being readable. But never about a page builder. In fact most of them do not know what a page builder is.

I remember a friend of mine (without any WordPress knowledge). He worked with Visual Composer after he bought it and he didn’t like it, he found it difficult. While others found it very useful.

300 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themeflame says

Avada disagrees. The best selling theme does not have a page builder.

Avada’s an one-time wonder. I think it’s futile to raport yourself to top 3 sellers as most are a combination of marketing, good support and luck. Don’t judge your performance based on those mammoths. :)

34 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Serbia
DJMiMi says

I must say that it is easier for the users to use page builder than a some shortcode generator. I, as a WP developer, found that the new PT Builder is super awesome to work with since it allows full control over elements and their options and it is fast for the users too.

280 posts Premium Website Design
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeFusion says

I have to give credit where it is due but the friendliest page builder is built by Kriesi for Enfold, props to their team for amazing UX work. An inspiration for us. :)

- M

17 posts
  • Located in Europe
blitzgeek says

Yes. I use only themes with page builder for clients sites. VC, the Kriesi Builder or the Elegant Themes Page Builder. I do a training with every customer and the use of page builders shortens support time. They are able to do all future blog posts and even small design changes by themselves.

1449 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)

For the ones that like a theme with a page builder, do you have a page builder of choice? Or is it a case of theme comes first, page builder comes second?

Full disclosure on this thread, I use a custom page builder in my themes that I’ve been told is quite friendly, but just trying to gauge whether buyers usually keep their eyes out for something like VC, or whether page builder preference isn’t really a thing amongst buyers?

176 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
goofydadog says
Never saw the one from Enfold – are there any videos/screens of it?
Loads on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Enfold+
17 posts
  • Located in Europe
blitzgeek says

For the ones that like a theme with a page builder, do you have a page builder of choice? Or is it a case of theme comes first, page builder comes second?

It’s that way, theme first, Page Builder second. But as i said: For a client page it is a must (in my opinion), even if i need to buy the page builder separate.

1449 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

It’s that way, theme first, Page Builder second. But as i said: For a client page it is a must (in my opinion), even if i need to buy the page builder separate.

Cheers, that’s awesome feedback :) Also, I think you bought one of my themes, double thanks! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by