1622 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

We need devs to work on it, we realy do. We need some more explanation and exposure of the voting posibility.

Like a little sticky pop-up when buyer purchases new item would be great. Just like we have mouse overs(same but no need to bring the pointer over it), so when buyer purchases something new and comes for the first time(after this purchase) into downloads sections a little pop up(on that new item) says:

The text in the field could even be created of each author individualy, like an art to persuade the buyer to rate it ;) Not each item ofcourse, just like a small field in settings which is used for this short message. Probably limited to 40 characters.

What you think guys ?

449 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Final_Step says

We need devs to work on it, we realy do. We need some more explanation and exposure of the voting posibility.

Like a little sticky pop-up when buyer purchases new item would be great. Just like we have mouse overs(same but no need to bring the pointer over it), so when buyer purchases something new and comes for the first time(after this purchase) into downloads sections a little pop up(on that new item) says:

The text in the field could even be created of each author individualy, like an art to persuade the buyer to rate it ;) Not each item ofcourse, just like a small field in settings which is used for this short message. Probably limited to 40 characters.

What you think guys ?
This is the idea I was talking about. There is a problem with “Authors will choose what to write by themselves”, in case an author is not visiting the forum and didn’t notice the new change, he is not going to have this pop up right ? Or even if he does it is not going to be changed to what he would like to. I think this idea is great but there should be one text written for all author to avoid inconveniences like the one I described.
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

+1 sure it can be a fixed phrase. This way it could be less inconveniences.

Hey people, post some suggestions! We need this topic to get some replys for devs to see it. We realy need this improvement with rating.

Is there any more ideas ?

80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Stormycub says

Perhaps videohive could send a rating reminder email a day after their purchase or something…?

• Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

better is a small one-time pop-up.

101 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
RMdeJong says

I think the problem is that buyers can only rate once they have used the file. But when you have it, whats the point on going back to rate?

I also think most ratings come from colleagues who buy items, because they know authors want the ratings and they want to support you.

80 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+1 more
Stormycub says

That’s why I thought a reminder email a day or so afterwards would be good, as it gives the designer time to use the project before rating. Something along the lines of ‘help support the author of …........ and rate their project’

6 posts
+3 more
frabd says

That’s why I thought a reminder email a day or so afterwards would be good, as it gives the designer time to use the project before rating. Something along the lines of ‘help support the author of …........ and rate their project’

+1 just, like ebay, send an e-mail memo to leave a “feedback “

6 posts
+3 more
frabd says

+1 just, like ebay, send an e-mail memo to leave a “feedback “

by
by
by
by
by
by