1182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Smartik says

Is that a real problem? Buyer bought your theme, he can do whatever he need. If you don’t want to support it because of religion, then at least tell him to use Envato Studio.

The buyer bought a license to use the theme, not the theme itself. And because is a license he must follow the item usage rules.

6 posts
frugality9914 says

So, Is there something wrong with this?

207 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
tomislavn says

probably, but if someone want to edit an adult video then don’t hesitate to contact me :D

Two weeks ago I got Envato Studio request from some company about modelling their “smart” vibrator in 3D.

Shame they didn’t come back to me apart from asking for a price – It would be a little bit “different” project then my usual electronic devices modelling.

Oh well, at least I had some fun reading about it on their homepage though :)

288 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
themeflame says

Is that a real problem? Buyer bought your theme, he can do whatever he need. If you don’t want to support it because of religion, then at least tell him to use Envato Studio.
The buyer bought a license to use the theme, not the theme itself. And because is a license he must follow the item usage rules.

It states “lawful purposes”.

Since when has the adult industry become unlawful/illegal? They pay taxes & are legitimate businesses just like everyone else.

As long as the content is not “obscene & degrading” (My god, isn’t that vague?), it’s okay, by law.

7592 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

Two weeks ago I got Envato Studio request from some company about modelling their “smart” vibrator in 3D.

:D

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

They can use your theme to build any site they want, but you’re free to deny support if you’re not comfortable with it.

6025 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

They can use your theme to build any site they want, but you’re free to deny support if you’re not comfortable with it.

Actually authors are free to deny supporting any industry theme (of course not bug fixing).

The problem is author have to deny at the risk of receiving 1 star! :D Inevitable issue though.

4336 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Actually authors are free to deny supporting any industry theme (of course not bug fixing). The problem is author have to deny at the risk of receiving 1 star! :D Inevitable issue though.

That’s a valid point and something I would consider as a theme provider.

145 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Cubell says

There probably isn’t much you can really do to avoid 1 star ratings from existing customers with adult sites who want support, as they had no way to know your support policy was this way. But if you mention this in your theme descriptions somewhere, you’ll probably avoid this happening (they will buy another theme) and if you get a 1 star rating from someone who didn’t read it, perhaps Envato support can remove the rating, as it isn’t your fault the buyer didn’t read your theme’s description in full.

182 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
juarathemes says

You da real mvp

by
by
by
by
by
by