276 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
Kopyov says

There is PayPal, but you can only send, you can’t receive funds, that’s why almost all them are using Webmoney

3 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Russian Federation
Landing-PG says

Hi! I’m from Russia, at the moment I need you purchase the script for$ 30 and can’t pay for it, as I have no card. A WebMoney and money on it. I think, http://themeforest.net just need to connect to http://www.wmtransfer.com/

1023 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

In cases like this, I always excuse myself saying that I am a developer, this is a marketplace, a secure marketplace and they should buy the product for themselves from here. Believe me, it’s safer and keeps you out of trouble.

512 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
pixeful says

In case of Russian members maybe…

3 posts
Landing-PG says

In cases like this, I always excuse myself saying that I am a developer, this is a marketplace, a secure marketplace and they should buy the product for themselves from here. Believe me, it’s safer and keeps you out of trouble.
No one is trying to cheat the developer. There is a desire to purchase. And I can not buy, because there is no card. In Russia, not many people use the card to make purchases online. In Russia are so many online payment systems webmoney, qiwi, robokassa.
512 posts
  • Won a competition
+4 more
pixeful says

@ greenline Hahah, keep saying that when we have problems with Paypal ;) and Sale Reversals. Less new payment solutions – safer our earnings. Let them use credit cards.

3 posts
Landing-PG says

No new payment systems – less income, fewer sales. They can use the credit cards, and only tomorrow or after tomorrow, if not forgotten.

512 posts
  • Won a competition
+4 more
pixeful says

I got always problem with Russian outsource work, because they used to still chat in ICQ and use Webmoney or even worse Yandex Money, omg we are neighborhood countries, still we are somehow in nextstep with money transfers.

In Envato I fill somehow more comfortable, enter credit card number in case you don’t have Paypal – and that’s it! Get your file!

3858 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Aside from how recognized PayPal etc are over almost any other system – there could well be some technicality or legal complication to do with an Australian company trading through some of the other alternative systems.

For example the cost of a theme on here as opposed to depositing funds and getting $2 off, is based to include a fee envato have to pay for the transaction. This is constant across existing methods but if another system charges differently then the file cost needs to change accordingly and this would be impossible.

by
by
by
by
by
by