688 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
_rg_ says

Just that, i would like to hear your side, opinions, wishes….

Don´t know, may be lot of you want a “something” and may be is a good idea for us to design/develope that “something”, isn´t?

how knows…..

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
isle2isle says

Agreed. Definitely need more sales-oriented sites. Not necessarily e-commerce websites, but more sales & service.

The perfect site is:

Attractive
Uncluttered
Effective (perhaps a squeeze page template included)
SEO Friendly
W3C valid
Works on ALL major browsers and degrades nicely on older ones
Speed demon

Bells and whistles could be more sales oriented like:

* slide-in / hover welcome messages, etc.,
* "before you go" messages (when someone leaves your domain for another site)
* optional newsletter signup form above the fold
* plus email newsletter template
* Before & After slideshow option

415 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
unisphere says

Nice post, will definitely watch for buyer’s feedback :)

469 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
SaurabhSharma says
and 2 sum my protest against crap sites ’’ KEEP IT SIMPLE ’’ websites are html ’’USE IT ‘simple and easy ’’ the most complicated websites all have flaws and will give you the yellow triangle as dreamweaver will tell you its gone in front of the beginning and no html is safe ’’

+ 1 :)

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
jdessel says

I would love to find a theme that is like this site:

http://www.kimellefsen.com/portfolio/

Simple, basic, clean- and most important, the focus is on the work being shown in the portfolio, not on the design of the site. I just want something similar to this site with a light/dark color option, the grid layout of the thumbnails, the simple boldness of the blog.

I’d also like to be able to show Vimeo movies in my portfolio that would display right over the same page when the viewer clicks on the thumbnail (I know there’s a plugin but I don’t know what it’s called).

Everything I see on this site, while really beautiful work, is just too over-designed for me. I don’t want a slider or carousel or to have my images break up into cubes and flip around. I just want to show my work, and write some tutorials in a blog.

Basically, I’d like to see some clean, simple, well-thought-out themes that cater to those of us in the motion graphics industry who want to show our animations and motion graphics as the main focus of the site.

1236 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+9 more
HarveyDesign says

I’d love to see more Horizontal themes. :)

815 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

I’m afraid that kind of minimal design won’t be accepted for sale here.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
Belltoons says

Hi all,

Good topic. You know, I love the themes here. I’m an old school html guy and for the most part I can customize to my needs pretty well. I bought Kayapati’s “Hansum” theme and am really enjoying making it my own.

The problem with his theme is one shared by many html website themes here and elsewhere: the Blog page is for show only and totally non-funtional.

The web site sample shows 3 blog articles on the Blog page with a link to the author and listed comments, and a trail at the bottom of the page indicating 3 previous pages of blog articles. But all the links just refresh this same page.

I would strongly BEG one of you authors here to come up with a way whereby an html website theme blog page can be made functionally “active.” Within the theme or even as an add-on package for any theme with a blog page, givers purchasers an educational how-to, and a few actual add-ons or widgets that can make one of these website blog pages actually work simply, perhaps with the following considerations in mind:

• a form widget giving the ability to leave a comment, preferably with CAPTCHA that will then be added under the blog article, notifying the article’s author by email
  • instruction on creating an RSS feed for pages like this one on the site that will update
  • perhaps a built-in “share” widget icon, etc.

Does this idea make sense to you guys or have any application to your themes? I’d really rather not have to buy a full Wordpress version of the website because, quite honestly, they’re usually overkill and harder to set up and get right (at least for me they are).

I’d appreciate any comments; and, if you want to point me some code out there that will help me get my page functioning, I’d be happy for the links.

Regards,

Paul

1875 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

You are kidding right? :D It’s about a perfect grid work and matched typography, not about the minimalism as a minimal number of elements. Most people love minimal and content oriented sites. I also saw the mentioned site in some of the top css galleries online, which proves even more that it look gorgeous.

@Belltoons

This would pump up the price, so the price difference between HTML and WP would be small and the difference in functionality would be still relatively enormous, so people would still buy WP versions and the authors wouldn’t have much sales from the suggested extended HTML template. Wordpress can do wonders and can be set up easily, it’s just a matter of the learning curve and the quality of author’s work and support. I think if you would take your suggestion/functions request and multiple it by 1000, you would still create something we now call Wordpress anyway ;)

815 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

You are kidding right? :D It’s about a perfect grid work and matched typography, not about the minimalism as a minimal number of elements. Most people love minimal and content oriented sites. I also saw the mentioned site in some of the top css galleries online, which proves even more that it look gorgeous.

No, I am not kidding. Although I agree with you, and share the love for this style of design and minimalism in general, this won’t get accepted here.

I can bet if someone submits this kind of design, the answer will be “It’s not a ‘premium’ template… or ‘needs mor elements’ or similar.

by
by
by
by
by
by