196 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
MotionMAX says

I have been searching for the forums for few days whether the sales will go down if i do in cs5 or above Projects.

Some one said we will lose some potential sales because of earlier version some say its not big difference whether it is older or newer the sales will go up if the Project is good

I want to hear from the buyers and also authors which version they are working on (most preferably buyers) which version they have.

Let me Know

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

not a buyer, just up this I’m interested also but is just a curiosity, I’ve already left out CS4. I’m currently working in CS6 and back save CS5 and CS5.5 versions (if possible)

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
StencilMedia says

I’ve bought a couple of grands worth of stuff, although I also dabble in the odd bit of low quality space footage! Although I subscribe to CC, I’m currently using CS6 as it works better. Apparently they’ll fix that before the end of the year and then it should be CC all the way.

521 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
abstract-labs says

I was wondering the same, that’s why I set up a simple poll: http://videohive.net/forums/thread/after-effects-version-poll/108800

Unfortunately there are more authors then buyers in the forum so these stats won’t help very much, unless we invite all buyers to vote… we could share this poll on our profile page, kindly asking buyers to vote for their AE version so we can offer a better service.

177 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • United States
FastNOC says

Ive purchased a LOT of After Effects projects here in the last month, I’m guessing 20? and i couldn’t care less what version it was created with because I know AE will convert things when i first open the file.

i guess my thought is, the version it was created in is irrelevant to me. I purchase projects because of their content, and quality. not because of which version they’re created in. I’ve yet to have an issue converting to my version. I started with CS6 and went to CC.

Maybe others are different, but it makes no difference to me.

353 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
juanmita says

I think right now is not a problem … I work with CS6, combining with cs5.5 and cs5. We’ll see what the market tells us. ;)

241 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
glutenfree4u says

I’m using CC, but until about 3 months ago I was using CS5.5.

I think because of the new product model alot of customers who were using maybe CS4 / 5 are now using CC.

by
by
by
by
by
by