54 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Exclusive Author
RachidLaasri says

Hi,

I’m thinking about Buying a new PC, at the moment i have “hp g62 notebook”, and its quite slow :l

so i basically i want something that’s pretty fast, and i want to ask you guys if you have any suggestions?

What do you think about the “Dell XPS 8700 Desktop” ?.

Thank you guys.

GraphicWebDesign
GraphicWebDesign Recent Posts Threads Started
11 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Vietnam
GraphicWebDesign says

you can buy this one: https://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/

:p

189 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+6 more
Crusader12 Reviewer says

What are you wanting to do with it?

Compare the specs of the Dell XPS 8700 with the (similarly priced model) Macbook Pro…

Macbook Pro $1299 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache

XPS 8700 $1099 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770 Processor (8M Cache, 3.4 GHz)

I’m not recommending the Dell, but if you decide to get that one, you’ll want to put an SSD in it.

95 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Deriggs007 says

Build your computer, don’t buy a prebuilt one like Dell:)

It’s very simple to do and you’ll be able to customize it to your hearts content. While it might be harder to troubleshoot if something goes wrong compared to a traditional setup, you can get better parts, and the parts that typically fail first (RAM, HDD) have warranties that’d last much longer then a prebuilt system like a Dell.

269 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
pebas says

^ @Deriggs007 +1

676 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
OlexandrIgnatov says

Get an iMac! :)

1841 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
gballx says

Go to a PC shop that builds computers to your specification. Talk about what you want to do with it and think about longevity of the machine. Can it be easily upgraded in the future as the demand of your machine grows. You would be surprised at what you can get in price and performance when a machine is built by yourself or by a shop. My current PC is the best thing I have ever bought for music and I do not play games: Intel P7, Corsair 32 GB RAM, 2 Internal SSD’S for sound libraries, 2 7200 HDD’S and can cope with 48 tracks (have not found the maximum track count yet) with own Reverb and compression all in real-time and cost me £1500 without monitor. Bargain! :)

190 posts
  • Serbia
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
BrancoG says

take amd fx 8350 instead of i7,it is a LOT cheaper and its 8-core.you will save a lot of money that you can spend on some audio gear that is more important,also 32gb of ram is overkill,you wont be able to tell the difference between 32gb and 16gb,even 8gb is more than enough for any kind of work.buy some quality motherboard

92 posts
  • Romania
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
SecondaryMood says

Build your computer, don’t buy a prebuilt one like Dell:) It’s very simple to do and you’ll be able to customize it to your hearts content. While it might be harder to troubleshoot if something goes wrong compared to a traditional setup, you can get better parts, and the parts that typically fail first (RAM, HDD) have warranties that’d last much longer then a prebuilt system like a Dell.

+1

1073 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

take amd fx 8350 instead of i7,it is a LOT cheaper and its 8-core.you will save a lot of money that you can spend on some audio gear that is more important,also 32gb of ram is overkill,you wont be able to tell the difference between 32gb and 16gb,even 8gb is more than enough for any kind of work.buy some quality motherboard

Do not compare AMD with Intel. AMD is cheaper, slower and older technology. Even if an AMD processor is 8-core, a 4-core Intel will show better results.

“8gb is more than enough for any kind of work” – again, this is your oppinion for what you do but not everyone have the same job. You’ll be able to see the difference if you work with multiple programs in parallel, trust me.

@RachidLaasri, don’t buy a pre-built PC, make your own by pieces and here is what I recommend:
  • 4th Generation Intel Processor.
  • 16GB+ RAM, min 1600MHz – Corsair is a good company
  • SSD – it is better(but is expensive), no noises, faster, and requires less energy.
  • A good video Card – min 1GB, 256bit+, with at least one HDMI and one DVI port(I would recommend to search for one with 4 ports).
by
by
by
by
by
by