3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in South Africa
HelgeCPT says

I have a similar question – not sure if this needs to be addressed in a new post?

I dont own a credit card so I have asked my boss to purchase a Wordpress eCommerce theme on my behalf and I’ll pay him in cash. I have red on a different thread that “When you purchase the file, it gets attached to the account you buy it with”. So will the theme eventually be tied to his account/name, yet I’d like to be recognised as the owner of that theme/licence.

Is there a way of recognising me as the owner?

3799 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Nominated Community Superstar of the month Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Not unless you purchase it from YOUR account. You could buy it using your account and make the payment from your boss’s PayPal I suppose

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Located in South Africa
HelgeCPT says

Thanks for the reply charlie

If I’d get the purchase code however, even if he pays for the theme using his account, wouldn’t it basically be linked to my account if I am the only one using it e.g. on the Authors support site. One of the main reasons for my concern is technical support and since most technical support is only offered with a valid purchase code, would’nt I just need the code?

3799 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Nominated Community Superstar of the month Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Technically it would appear like you if you are the one using the code BUT if would be much better and safer to have it bought through your account even if someone else signs into PayPal to pay for it.

If it is not in your account (forget support for now) what happens if there is an update and your boss is not available to sign into their account and download newer versions?

3 posts
HelgeCPT says

I see, thats a good point you raise there. Ill have a chat with him in the morning and hopefully we can do it like you described. I really appreciate the feedback charlie, thank you again.

1 post
    Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
cathiux says

Hi, It’s my first time buying themes for a client, they know that I’m buying them and setting them up with branding… almost the same case that was mentioned here in the thread. I wanted to get some advise from you guys on which is the better way to proceed:
1- Is it better to buy it under your account or make the client buy it and then give you the code to access the support?
2- If you have bought it with your account: how do you proceed, after you have delivered the final product, when there are themes updates?
3- I’ve read in the f.a.q of the licenses here that “Once you transfer the end product to the client (eg giving them source files for the item), be sure to link your client to our licenses and delete the item itself from your computer.” What does they mean by “link your client to our licenses”? How do you do this exactly?

I’d appreciate very much your help since I’m brand new in this.

by
by
by
by
by
by