3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

Asus transformer is ancient tech. Best seller on Android is the Google nexus 7.
I’m waiting the wifi-only Galaxy Note 8.

MarioLucianAndreano
MarioLucianAndreano Recent Posts Threads Started
131 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

DON’T buy an iPad! you’ll be stuck with iTunes sync to transfer all your data to the PC…and then there are the flash problems etc…and it costs more than other tablets (some of those with better specs) I gave support for about 2 years for iPhone and iPad and I would never EVER buy one of this two…as a proof I have a Galaxy SII so…the answer would be…BUY A GALAXY…or any android… I hope this helped but in the end…it’s your money :)

226 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
h3design says

@ MarioLucianAndreano
the Galaxy SII is a smart phone isnt it ?
I also have an android phone (samsung galaxy s+) and am very content with it.
But I also have an Ipod Touch (but don´t use it anymore..) and the appstore is just uncomparable to others. When it comes to tablets, apps play an important role, cause we´re still talking about a tablet and not a notebook…
In addition to that, there are only 2 tablets on the market whose design I really like:
the ipad(s) and the microsoft surface. Second on´s price is ridiculous.
Apple´s product´s prices are so high, too, of course… the most considerable reason for me which speaks against buying it….

More opinions always appreciated :)

MarioLucianAndreano
MarioLucianAndreano Recent Posts Threads Started
131 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
MarioLucianAndreano says

@ h3design
Hi! yes the Galaxy SII is a smartphone…I mentioned the iPad AND iPhone in my post and I was just pointing out how this 2 apple products are inferior to…Samsung for example (and I’m sure also other companies, but Samsung is the one I personally use, and offcourse I prefer android vs ios)
Apple was indeed a great innovator but today I personally believe it fell behind.

Still there’s a lot of people that prefers Apple and fills comfortable with a Mac or an iPad or iPhone…I’m obviously not one of them :)

2468 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

@MarioLucianAndreano – let’s not turn this into a useless fanboy conversation. The question was about choosing between 2 iPad models, not about our personal preference regarding tablets/smartphones brands.

ONTOPIC, here’s how I see it:

1.You need it on the go, size matters for you. I would advise to wait for the iPad Mini with Retina; the current model is just a smaller iPad 2 if you think about it. Doesn’t really justify its price unless you urgently need an iPad Mini. And, oh yeah, there’s a HUGE difference between Retina and non-retina. HUGE.

2. You don’t need it on the road that much, size isn’t really a decisive factor and you could really use the higher performance. This case is a little more tricky, because Apple are forced to innovate with their new iPad iteration, or they will start falling behind in the tablet zone. It would be wise to wait for the next iPad and, if nothing really innovative comes out, you could get the current iPad 4 for less money.

Then again, there’s always the flipside: if they do bring something unique and innovative to the table, there is a risk, just as with any new developing technology. Perfect example is the porting of the Retina screen on the Mac: yeah, it’s gorgeous and all, but they need a few more iterations to get it perfect like on the iDevices (remember all the ghosting/”mura retina mac effect” issues?).

Hope this helps :)

226 posts
+4 more
h3design says

is there already any information on when the ipad mini 2 (retina) will be released ?

2468 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

is there already any information on when the ipad mini 2 (retina) will be released ?

There never is an official date for Apple product launches (bastards never say!), but they usually launch at their big events. Some rumors say iPad Mini 2 would be arriving this summer, with Retina display and iPad 4-hardware, at the WWDC.

226 posts
+4 more
h3design says

Some rumors say iPad Mini 2 would be arriving this summer

Summer ? damn, still quite a while… if i watch out of my window i still see snow :P

2468 posts
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Some rumors say iPad Mini 2 would be arriving this summer
Summer ? damn, still quite a while… if i watch out of my window i still see snow :P

There are rumors for a March release of the iPad 5, though. I hope you sleep well tonight/until March :D

1745 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

If you need the mobility and convenience on-the-go and Retina thing doesn’t matter (as well as money), then iPad Mini is a good choice. For me, I love the Retina and I use the iPad a lot for showcasing my portfolio, digging deeper in Retina UI etc., then I’d choose the iPad with Retina. Of course you can wait for an iPad Mini Retina comes out, if there is any :D

by
by
by
by
by
by