103 posts
  • Located in Slovenia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
maartin says

Animals are exiting Yellowstone like every other year. And if it actually erupts, then you might consider moving to Mars.

It’s an interesting topic, so it would be great to stay ontopic, away from calderas and AK47s. :)

132 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+3 more
webfector says

I’ve lived in San Diego my whole life and it’s a nice place. Downsides are it’s a bit of a large city so can be crowded sometimes (of course LA people will laugh at this just like they laugh at our ‘traffic’), and of course cost of living. But it’s like a mini-America as far as culture. The beach communities have the so-cal beach culture you see in movies (surfers, blonde girls in bikinis, etc). Go inland five miles and you have typical suburban neighborhoods. Go inland 10 more miles and you get rural farming communities in the mountain foothills and everything that goes along with that (horses, farms, goats, acreage, cheaper real estate). Go 10 more miles inland and you have beautiful mountain communities that get snow occasionally in winter. Go 20 miles further inland and you are in desert with sand dunes and everything. So it’s pretty diverse. The further inland the cheaper it gets. People mostly love the weather, outdoor activities, most people who come for jobs end up staying. No humidity and excessive heat in the summer like Texas, and the south, etc.

Lots of my family moved up to northern California around Davis. There’s tons of small agricultural small town type of communities all up central California. Very affordable cost of living. Plus they live an hour from Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Sierra mountains, tons of stuff to do and no snow in winter.

Lots of fun little beach cities all along the coast of California too, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, etc… but can be expensive. But worth it!

I’ve been all over Arizona, lots of people from California end up moving there because cost of living is way cheaper, not as crowded, and it’s very pretty. Summers can be brutal in southern Arizona like Phoenix, but in the north part of the state it’s not too bad. Dry heat, some people like! Plus, Grand Canyon! Sedona, Flagstaff, Prescott, I’ll never get tired of Arizona it’s an amazing place.

Lots of people from California I’ve known also end up moving to Colorado. Cheaper cost of living, nice communities, and surrounded by the most beautiful landscapes you can find anywhere.

Can’t go wrong with west coast really though. Washington, Oregon, California – all great places and mild weather.

Wherever you end up, be prepared for lots of people absolutely falling in love with your British accent, Americans can’t get enough of that. :)

I second this opinion about Arizona. I’ve lived here since I was born! It’s an amazing place. I still have yet to visit all the cool features of this wonderful state. Summers can get hot indeed for the southern cities.

I personally favor the minor cities, those not too big but not too small (like Queen Creek, for example) because they are beautiful places to live: mountains, small populations, plenty of open land, etc. You’ll also find a lot of horses, zebras, donkeys and so on out in Queen Creek. :)

514 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
SiliconWorldAD says

With what I’ve seen, Europeans and most foreign people seem to socially and economically fit most into culturally diverse cities. Some of the best cities for this are around San Francisco or Los Angelas California, around Madison Wisconsin and around New York New York. There are other great cities of course like Austin Texas and Nashville Tennessee, Phoenix Arizona which are all nice, but, bigger cities are generally more expensive to live in, especially the ones with nicer weather. Foreigners probably want to avoid the rougher cities like Detroit Michigan, Milwaukee Wisconsin, New Orleans Louisiana, Las Vegas Nevada, and most cities along the Mexican border.

by
by
by
by
by
by