130 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
deanb says

I have a map of a golf resort which is a png and will be my background like this LINK

I then want to put dots on it to represent where houses for sale are. when you click on the dots you will see a small preview box with photo of the house, price etc, then you can click a link in the box to view more details.

Does anyone know of any files on FD that might help, i have searched maps etc but have only found maps of the world etc. The file need not be related to maps, just have a background with buttons placed on which when clicked shows a small box with a photo some text and a link.

Cheers in advance

29 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Flashoptimist says

Hello, If I understand you correctly, I think all you need to do is to put your map on the bottom layer of a Flash file, and, on another layer add a series of buttons (or preferably movieClips) which ,onRollover, display the information you need. Not too hard.

Kind regards, Ian

130 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
deanb says

Cheers Ian,

I am getting there but I need to expand.

I WOULD LIKE TO PAY SOMEONE TO HELP ME ON THIS PROJECT . Sorry to shout but i just wanted to confirm I am not looking for free help I am more than willing to pay good money, to the right person.

Have a look See What I Have Done So Far

please note- it does take a while to fully load the map.

The plan is to pan the map then click on a red dot which represents a house, then click and view the details of the property on the side panel.

I would like to use my existing XML file which has all the data for the properties, as the website will have 2 ways of viewing the same properties by map or by a traditional list, which you can view here

Please do not hesitate to contact me for more details, and with a quote etc.

Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by