20 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
jobspex says

Hi

I want to start my own website to sell my own themes and template.

Can anyone recommend a good theme to buy from TF which does this exact purpose?

- Responsive - Preview Theme on icon hover - Theme Description Page - Theme Live Demo buttons.

Something like that would be great!

Thanks

207 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
themeflame says

To answer your question: Currently, as far as I know there is no such theme that is exactly the same as themeforest that provides functionality such as the review system.

More Info that could help:

Just a regular WooCommerce with previews will do it.

I don’t know why people keep asking for a theme that’s “close” to themeforest. If you just rename some things and play with them a bit – any WooCommerce theme can do it. (Well, probably not any but the majority would do it.)

For example: http://theretailer.getbowtied.com/demo/

It has an “item pluser”, as in you can buy multiple instances of an item at once. The descriptions are identical – I’m sure you could turn on comments with ease. (Well, it looks a bit too classy for a theme marketplace – hah!)

You could easily turn that into a theme marketplace. It even has a cart and other sweet things. Afterall, themeforest is nothing more than a Commerce site itself. If anybody would decide to just put “WordPress” instead of a category and just rename some things to match a theme site marketplace – It would be considered a “new thing”, hence it’s just a renamed e-Commerce.

Sure there will be some functionality missing – Such as a review system – if that’s what you’re looking for, then you’re correct. But nobody said you have to be themeforest2. Yes, the review system is essential – But I think an “Approve Item” would cut it just fine for now. But again – the review system is just a list of unapproved items which perhaps is there in the theme but cannot be hard to code.

As with – It’s really easy to turn a News Site into just a simple-simple blog if you really just rename things & cut down some categories/functionality. (Usually a Blog doesn’t really differ that much from a new site – only because people put tons of heavy stuff on news like review systems & such.). I think that themes today provide lots of customization – basically making them very multi-purpose if you know what to do and understand that a theme can actually DO it and there’s no need for another one if it doesn’t bring something better to suit your needs.

I’m sure everyone thinks that if they made that theme – it’d sell. It would probably do. But most people here have shared hosts. Such a market requires quite some space. Especially if somebody decides that for no good reason – he should have 150 PSDs in his pack. (And more people will add more PSDs in the future.). Then you’re in for some trouble as that could easily get close to perhaps even 1GB depending on the Photoshop Version. I’ve looked at asmallorange and their “best plan” that I could really use on such a market – to start with, is the Dedicated ONE that is Small ($100/mo.). Ofcourse it all depends on your business’ size. So it’s really costly. You could also start with Shared at 25GB for $30/mo. if you don’t really want to start that “big”. It’d be a smart move to do so. Just throwing options out there.I don’t think people really realize that and they’d just fall victims due to an error that wasn’t made by nobody – it’s just how things are.

Just my 2cents.

So I suggest you don’t wait any longer and pick a theme that already exists and start tweaking it! Good luck.

707 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
ChillThemes says

I have a theme that uses Easy Digital Downloads and would serve as a great starting point for what you want. It’s not available on ThemeForest, so I can’t link to it.

62 posts WordPress Themes Like Never Before
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • United States
+3 more
Astoundify says

We’ll have a theme that will allow you to sell themes or any other digital product in the no so far distant future. The theme will be compatible with Easy Digital Downloads :)

Follow us on our themeforest.net profile to be alerted of when the theme is released.

Follow us here -> http://themeforest.net/user/Astoundify/follow

20 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
jobspex says

We’ll have a theme that will allow you to sell themes or any other digital product in the no so far distant future. The theme will be compatible with Easy Digital Downloads :)

Follow us on our themeforest.net profile to be alerted of when the theme is released.

Look forward to it!

And thanks to all for your advice and help! Appreciate the responses. :)

207 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
themeflame says

Really really looking forward to it! Any estimated time on release?

3429 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

Since the above is self promotion, i’ll put the link here :D

http://themeforest.net/item/marketify-digital-marketplace-wordpress-theme/6570786

It’s not self promotion anymore :D …nice theme

484 posts uouapps
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Jordan
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
uouapps says
by
by