• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

That’s really awesome Koev :) And you’ll have to keep us updated on your progress Adrian! I recently stumbled upon this craigslist post and thought it was hysterical because as someone who’s yo-yoed over the years, when you’re out of shape getting going is the hardest part!

817 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+2 more
PhilLarson says

Here’s a great YouTube video I found comparing and contrasting the FitBit Ultra and the Nike+ Fuelband. Interesting stuff. Who wins?? Watch to find out! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skoSNA_wBKc
1 post
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
ArtPxl says

Hello everyone

i have used the free version of this android app for like a month. take a look maybe help to you a bit. my english is not very good but you can see the video in this link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wsl.noom
475 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
LuisFaus says

That’s the good thing about living in Thailand. Almost all condominiums have a pool, sauna and a gym all for free when you rent a condo. So even though I sit countless hours in an ergonomic chair ( which for us designers is really important to have a good chair)

When I come from work I spend my hour in the gym and 45 mins or so swimming and cooling off.

Though I dont seem to be able to shake off my 95kilos of weight. (Im also bloody tall 2,00metres, but regardless of height / weight ratio…)

1660 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+4 more
flashedge says

continuity – opposite to guts! :P
Jumping off the plane needs guts. I was referring to that.

It’s obvious you need to keep doing the right thing on daily basis. If you work out like mad and eat lots of junk right after you won’t benefit from anything.

I started going to gym by chance. My little sister asked me to accompany her, so I did. Guess what. I kept working out for years since then and my little sister gave up. Now she’s chubby, while I’m fit.

Moral of the story: it’s all in your head. Take your time. Start doing some cardio exercises at first to lose weight. Only once you lost most of the fat you can consider to lift something. And of course, like VF says, you must be constant and keep doing it.

All the stupid gadgets I see around are pretty much useless. Go to gym and take it seriously. It will change your life.

595 posts THINK DIFFERENT
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
Generator says

Get a dog. Walk it every day. Love it. Love life. A little overweight? So what. For me it’s about quality of life, not quantity.

222 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
adriantry Staff says

I’ve been working at evening out my exercise throughout the day so I don’t have to go for such long walks at night. I think that’s likely to give me more consistent energy levels, too. I’m aiming to do 10,000 steps each day.

Here are some ideas that seem to be working:

1. I go for a 3 km walk first thing in the morning. That takes me close to half of my goal, wakes me up, and energises me for the day. It also gives me a good reason to have a shower. Am I the only person who works from home and finds it hard to make time for a shower most days?

2. I’ve been getting out of my chair every 30-60 minutes, and walk to the other side of the house and back. I thought I was already doing this, but I mustn’t have been as consistent before. Doing this increases the number of steps I take from home from 2,000 to 5,000 each day. That’s amazing.

3. I go for a second walk later in the day to get to my goal or surpass it. This doesn’t always have to be a long walk. Sometimes I walk with my wife when she walks her dog. Yesterday I threw a frisbee around the park with my young son.

4. Once I get my office finished and some carpet laid, I’ll do some exercises during some of my breaks – push-ups, sit-ups etc. When I was in KL last year Lance got us all exercising as part of our daily routine. I meant to keep this up when I got home, but found it difficult without carpet in the house, or a decent lawn outside.

I feel fitter than I used to, and have more energy during the day. My legs are often sore, but the muscles that are growing will increase my metabolism and help me lose weight. I think I’m getting somewhere!

131 posts
  • Australia
  • Envato Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
notahat Dev says

Hi Adrian,

You’re already doing the first bit right: you’re getting in the habit of exercising. For many people, that’s half the battle, when they first start, especially if they push themselves too hard and find it unpleasant.

So my advice: Stick with the walking for a bit, until you’ve made it a strong habit. Then start to look at turning one or two walks a week into something else. If you can find something you enjoy, great! Cycling is my training of choice, and works well for me. Different things might work for you. Experiment. There are many fitness groups around, classes you can take, etc.

My other advice: When you first start any sort of training, it’s going to hurt for a while as your body adapts. You need to have a bit of willpower ready to push through this. On the other hand, it shouldn’t hurt so much that you absolutely hate it. It’s ok to ease into it.

Once you do get used to it, training is hard work, but is still enjoyable. I do cycling interval training with an ex-Olympian once a week, and it’s a real challenge, but I always feel energised by it.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+1 more
RimmonTrieu says

At the end of the day it all comes down to how many calories you have spent over calories absorbed from food. Fat burns when spending exceeds absorbing. Depending on different daily activities you could gain weight or loose weight.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/l/blcalorieburn.htm

Walking is fine, make sure you do it with empty stomach though. Personally I do rope jumping everyday. If you really want to make huge difference start to design a specific working out routine and commit to it. Result will only comes after months with true determination so don’t give up in early stage.

PS: Forget those fancy fitness gadgets and equipments, our cavemen ancestors didn’t need them and were more than fit enough (I’m not saying you have to go hunting but that’s an idea ;) )

222 posts
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
adriantry Staff says

Thanks for the encouragement and advice guys. I won’t give up.

I was very sporty when I was young. Soccer, running, cycling, speed skating (roller), and more. I loved it.

Now I’m older (and heavier) I’ve found that walking is most effective. But I love you’re advice Pete about finding a range of activities that are appropriate. I really enjoyed running around the park with a frisbee last week. Haven’t done that for years.

I know that gadgets won’t do anything in themselves. I normally find that people spend money on exercise equipment as an alternative to exercising. It makes them think they’ve done something when they haven’t

For me the gadget does two things – and so far it’s working. It gives me the real picture, which is motivating. I had no idea of how sedentary I had become until I started wearing the Fitbit. And it keeps me accountable. I have clear goals, and it tells me whether I meet it or not – or how far I have to walk until I have. That’s been really helpful.

Well, keep cheering me on, and I’ll be in the cheer squad for the rest of you too. Several times over the last decade I’ve lost over 10 kg, and kept it off for years. But gradually it grew back. ;) This time I’ll have to find a way of maintaining a healthy lifestyle for longer – preferably the rest of my life. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by