111 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
wallfish says

Recently a customer bought a logo from my profile. He was right that the logo will be sold again. I went through the license terms but what I couldn’t understand is whether can a customer modify the logo he bought? With the modify I meant with two aspects 1). Modify Color 2). Modify Shape. Is there any way I can advise him to stand out from other who buy the same logo? I just want to make him feel better as he thinks the money was not worth spent. As it was my first sale and makes me feel a little responsible. Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think.

110 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
gassh says

I would like to know also that I do in this case. I believe that this also influences the amount and the low sales of the logos.

413 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
mitdralla says

Once you buy something, it is yours to modify.

111 posts
+2 more
wallfish says

Is it? Means if I buy a logo called “Red 2 Circle” Can I modify the color and add another two circles to the logo visually and call it “Red 4 Circle”?

Because in the license I did not read that states “you have a right to modify the logo visually/shapes.”

716 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+2 more
snkart says

Once you buy a logo it’s yours to customize as you want.

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

This is what i told here around a year ago. Every sales of the logo put the value down. Those logos should have a buy-out option on the beginning once and forever. Or an another possibility is a bidding system. Selling logos like this way… :confused: i still dont understand the concept.

476 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
LuisFaus says

This is what i told here around a year ago. Every sales of the logo put the value down. Those logos should have a buy-out option on the beginning once and forever. Or an another possibility is a bidding system. Selling logos like this way… :confused: i still dont understand the concept.
I agree with the buy out – extended license – most of the items have it except for logos. What I don’t understand is why a logo needs to be just a graphic element, name and tag line always and not a market researched brand + name. *ps: sorry for going off topic.
413 posts
+2 more
mitdralla says

Is it? Means if I buy a logo called “Red 2 Circle” Can I modify the color and add another two circles to the logo visually and call it “Red 4 Circle”?

Because in the license I did not read that states “you have a right to modify the logo visually/shapes.”

If we are talking about tweaking it and reselling, it that is a diferent story.

But if i buy a logo, and I want to tweak it and use it as my logo, I sure as heck will. Once I purchase it, it is mine.

413 posts
+2 more
mitdralla says

I agree.

I would also love to see a bidding concept or a “buy it now” option which would buypass the bid to buy it outright.

111 posts
+2 more
wallfish says

If we are talking about tweaking it and reselling, it that is a diferent story.

Thanks. And no, I didn’t mean for re selling it. Only is a customer allowed to completely tweak the logo after the buys it. That’s what I meant :)

by
by
by
by
by
by