171 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
stmcan says

I’m thinking to give some of my items for free via TF forum. Can i do that?

Another question; can i offer a bonus theme with my themes?

ps. sorry about my English guys, i hope i will be better very soon :)

694 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
HaziqMir says

You can do that next month for the free file of the month but not this way. A thread will be started next month and you can submit your one. Bonus themes aren’t allowed afaik. Good luck next month!

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

If authors start to give some free theme when the buyers buy a theme .. that will never end ..

Imagine if kriesi make a bundle of all his file for 40 $ .. you will never sell 1 copy anymore , think about it.

426 posts
+3 more
vasilios says

I have a question kinda related to this topic:

Are we allowed to give away a free of one of our themes on our blog as promotion? :)

3221 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says
I have a question kinda related to this topic: Are we allowed to give away a free of one of our themes on our blog as promotion? :)

The answer to that one is if you are an exclusive author on the envato marketplaces, you cannot sell or give away an approved item of yours on the forum or on any blog or other site, whether it’s commercial or personal. :)

426 posts
+3 more
vasilios says
I have a question kinda related to this topic: Are we allowed to give away a free of one of our themes on our blog as promotion? :)
The answer to that one is if you are an exclusive author on the envato marketplaces, you cannot sell or give away an approved item of yours on the forum or on any blog or other site, whether it’s commercial or personal. :)

Alright, that’s what I thought, thanks! :)

171 posts
+4 more
stmcan says

Anyhow I will delete some of my files which has low sales. I’m not talking about to use them for bundles or promotions. I haven’t got a personal web site to give away for free. I’m not proud of some of my files and i want to just give away them for free somehow!... Maybe, somebody use them for learning or personal needs. I’ve not any commercial revenue expect with them anoymore.

The second question was, i’m wondering that can i offer mobile or under construction version etc. of my new items as bonus for promotion.

2299 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

If your item is currently not for sale at TF (or anywhere else) then it’s your file and you can give it away however you want – if you want to offer a free theme with a theme for sale you have every right to do that – how do I know, because I did it some time ago where I offered a HTML version for free with a PSD – worked great and increased sales – was limited time offer until it was accepted due to an issue with IE6 that I had to fix before it was accepted as a separate product in html. As soon as it was accepted the offer was cancelled.

I Placed the message for buyers to email through the TF system – I clicked the link to ensure a purpose and then emailed the file to them.

Reason for it was too many people holding back from buying until the html was accepted and 99% of them didn’t care about the IE6 issue – everyone was happy.

Hope that helps.

171 posts
+4 more
stmcan says

Well, it helped! Thanks for all replies..

It would be great if there is a section on the marketplace like “free items by authors”, it would be increase the traffic of the marketplace..

Is it increase the sales also, what do you think guys?

1620 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
PatrikL Envato team says
It would be great if there is a section on the marketplace like “free items by authors”, it would be increase the traffic of the marketplace.. Is it increase the sales also, what do you think guys?

That´s not a good idea at all in my opinion. If a buyer wants a free theme they have tons of other places to go and it won´t affect our sales wich it would do if we authors gave away free themes.

If an author wants to give away free themes they are able to give them away for free on their own sites and not on the marketplaces.

by
by
by
by
by
by