• Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dorbens says

Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying to submit an item (PSD Template) recently, but it has been rejected due these reasons:

We would like to thank you for your submission but are, unfortunately, unable to approve it at this time as it does not meet our current quality requirements. Please continue reading as we’ve explained why we’ve declined your submission.

=== Why We’ve Declined Your Submission ===

This template is not ready for ThemeForest. Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. It requires improvements in term of design, visual hierarchy, typography, layout and its aesthetic quality but most importantly, its uniqueness and how the design is executed.

At this stage in the design I am, unfortunately, not able to provide more specific feedback other than what I’ve stated above (the design needs overall, general improvements). With further improvements I may be able to provide more specific feedback.

Important: Improvements or fixes MUST be made to the above described areas before resubmitting. Resubmitting without making any of the requested changes violates our policy and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship rights.

I would like know how can I intensify the quality of my design. Overall, and specificly if its possible.

You can look at my design here: http://webcut.net/infinite/

As you can see, I have created only 3 PSD files. I know it might be slightly prolix cause eventually it has been rejected. I want to know if the stracture is symmetric, also if the spacing and the hierarchy is ok.

I really want to improve my design style, but never had been given professional feedback/criticism by a proper designer really. I hope I will find it here, so I’ll be able to advance.

Comments are deeply appreciated.

675 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Philippines
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
dexterous says

There are hundreds of templates with similar structure, also no one will need a PSD to make what you have here. PSD category is the most difficult to get it. You will have to make something unique and something which cannot be easily achieved directly in HTML . think about more colorful, with clever use of effects, styles and try to get a different layout than what is already available. Have a look at some of the recently approved PSD files to get an idea.

good luck.

675 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Philippines
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
dexterous says

One more thing – I personally don’t like justified text areas. they create unusual space between words and generally make it difficult to read on web. But this is only my personal preference, not sure if it should be used in templates or not.

57 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dorbens says

Do you think that if I will code it, it might have a chance?

wow, i didnt know its harder to get in PSD Templates then XHTML Templates.

There are hundreds of templates with similar structure, also no one will need a PSD to make what you have here. PSD category is the most difficult to get it. You will have to make something unique and something which cannot be easily achieved directly in HTML . think about more colorful, with clever use of effects, styles and try to get a different layout than what is already available. Have a look at some of the recently approved PSD files to get an idea. good luck.
3428 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

Also, even if you have a pretty good start, you have to provide much more than 3 psd files(with the same page).. You have to present at least a couple of different page templates, if you want to be taken into consideration..

About the design..i like the top part, but the body and the footer don’t have too much contrast or unique elements. And you might want to reconsider font families..

by
by
by
by
by
by