2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
shreeve21 says

Hello,

I realize this is a crazy question but… I am looking to purchase a theme outright – as in I own the theme completely – is there anyway that I could do that as a buyer? I am not looking for an extended license, I want to own the entire theme – I see some themes that look awesome, but don’t really want other people to be able to purchase them to – does this make sense?

Anyways, I am looking to do just that – I have a pretty decent budget and am looking for a Responsive WP Business style theme.

Hit me up if you have a theme you want to unload – (like an under performing one or something).

Thanks,

Mike

407 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
PaddyTaylor says

If u have a decent budget then why not pay someone to design and build something for you from scratch to your specs?

Then there is no compromise on what features are there and also u can be sure no one will have a copy of it?

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
shreeve21 says

The problem is that I need the theme by Monday morning. I did hire a developer on Elance and I haven’t heard from him in a week and a half – lost a ton of money. I am in a bit of a bind really, just trying to purchase a pre-built since I need it by monday.

1789 posts Don't Worry, Be Happy
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
FinalDestiny says

The only way is to contact the author of that theme and make him an offer to remove the theme from ThemeForest. But if it’s a decent theme, you’ll end up paying some thousands for it.

103 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
sheko_elanteko says

So you want a very good theme that no one has bought yet and you want the author to remover from the market?
I think your chances are slim, unless you don’t mind if someone else already bought it.

382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

The problem is that I need the theme by Monday morning. I did hire a developer on Elance and I haven’t heard from him in a week and a half – lost a ton of money. I am in a bit of a bind really, just trying to purchase a pre-built since I need it by monday.

As long as you realize / understand that a theme is not actually a pre-built site. It’s more akin to the building tools / materials for a house. Once you have them, you can start construction. There’s still much work to do even if you were to have the perfect theme (tools / materials) in hand.

Expect to pay thousands for that kind of exclusivity and even more to develop it after acquiring it.

by
by
by
by
by
by