I couldn’t find anything about this situation at the author’s resources. I am writing a Wordpress plugin and I want to release a basic version (limited, but for free – at the Wordpress plugins repository) of the plugin I am selling here and at CC to sell the full version exclusively. Does the CC terms have anything against that?
As long as the free version lacks some really major features I don’t see why not.
- Exclusive Author
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
To make sure both the free version and CC upload are sufficiently different, confirm with Envato support and then proceed.