37 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
devciti says

Hi, I want to know that can I sell “rtpanel ( http://rtcamp.com/rtpanel/ ) ” or “underscores ( http://underscores.me/ ) ” on TF after applying my own styles/design on it?

621 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

If you want to use those a your starting framework, yes you can. Using a framework is allowed.

621 posts
ChapterThemes says

Not completely sure about the rtpanel btw… since it’s a big framework with own hooks etc….

37 posts
devciti says

Not completely sure about the rtpanel btw… since it’s a big framework with own hooks etc….

Thanks for the reply! What framework did you use in your themes?

3 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
rtCamp says

@devciti

I am Rahul from rtPanel developer team, rtCamp.

You are free to sell rtPanel-based theme. I will recommend developing your themes as WordPress child themes e.g. https://github.com/rtCamp/rtpanel-child-theme

That way you can style themes the way you want and still your user can have rtPanel updates and compatibility with new WordPress features automatically.

If you have any question about rtPanel, feel free to ask.

621 posts
ChapterThemes says

I started with the usage of a couple of frameworks, in the end created sort of my own.

Think it’s always best to use your own framework eventually, but when starting out a good framework is not bad to use.

Personally i don’t like too big frameworks which also have their own updates, cause then your buyer will get theme updates and on top of that framework updates, that could trouble some users since not all of them are tech-savy if you know what i mean..

37 posts
devciti says

I started with the usage of a couple of frameworks, in the end created sort of my own.

Think it’s always best to use your own framework eventually, but when starting out a good framework is not bad to use.

Personally i don’t like too big frameworks which also have their own updates, cause then your buyer will get theme updates and on top of that framework updates, that could trouble some users since not all of them are tech-savy if you know what i mean..

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will try to use my own framework. :)

3 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
rtCamp says

..will get theme updates and on top of that framework updates, that could trouble some users since not all of them are tech-savy if you know what i mean..

Thats exactly our job is! Our frameowrk updates should not break child themes! We have more than 500 child themes to protect…

Rest, I agree its good to have own framework. That is why we have one! :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by