4905 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Someone help quick! LOL I am building a very basic html…possibly CSS site for a ridiculously impossible client, and I need a drop down menu. Of course I could try to find the crazy code and do it with CSS …but like I said in my earlier post, I dont know crap about CSS . If I were to buy a drop down navigation here…could I drop it under my banner, and have it control my html site? You guys know I’m retarded when it comes to flash, so I’m leaning on you…!

3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

It’s possible to have a dropdown built in Flash, on top of HTML . I’ve seen it done. Not sure how you could do it though.

4905 posts
+9 more

Ya I really dont know what to do. MY website work in the past has just been a hobby…and very minimal…literally photoshopping a layout…slicing it, and having photoshop export to html with crazy tables. Now the last real site I had to work on was about 3 1/2 years ago, so this was before CSS was very standard…and the whole crazy table website, was still somewhat acceptable. I am just getting back into the web game, and my first client is CRAZY . I almost want to back out on her, but I made her wait two weeks and she needs a website yesterday. So I dont know what to do. I think the site may be too large to be a flash site, and def needs to be better than crazy tables from photoshop with iframes to display content. I am lost lol. I know the main thing the site needs is a drop down navigation because each button is going to have like 15 sub buttons. All leading to their own site. Told her I would have a mock up, of the site by tomorrow night. I am considering that company that adverts on the side of flashden the whole “you design, we code” but even then I dont know how reliable they really are, and also I have to figure out how to work in a drop down navigation afterwards. lol, I ‘m screwed.

1080 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Madness says

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

3402 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

You’d better post or start asking in this post for.. tananananm, a freelancer. Being one doesn’t make you not need one. :) :p

4905 posts
+9 more

LOL I absolutely need one lol

434 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
assive says

xdozex, why don’t you just use a flash/xml drop down & link them to you html pages?? All you have to do in html (dreamweaver) is save your main page as a template & then create “editable regions” in it, thay way you can have many more pages without having to get each one to look the same. I hope i’m making some sense..

4905 posts
+9 more

by editable regions do you mean iframes? LOL can you explain more assive because it sounds like your explanation may be exactly what I am looking for…

434 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
assive says

Ok, you obviously didn’t learn dreamweaver in college :D

What you do is make your main html page which all other pages will resemble. Then save it as a template. That way dreamweaver allows you to add editable regions on it. Editable region simply allows you to add stuff to the main page (the editable region) then save it as something else.
That way you wouldn’t have to create 10 different html pages. If you used the editable region, the headers on all your pages will look the same. It saves a lot of hours buddy!

4905 posts
+9 more

College!!\\? Who goes to college nowadays anyway! lololol I went to school for 1 semester for broadcasting. And had to stop because I couldnt afford to live without a full time job, and my job has prevented me from really doing anything professionally design related for about 3-4 years. Everything during that time has been just hobby stuff.

But I will look into that now. Thanks :)

by
by
by
by
by
by