timnottphotography
timnottphotography Recent Posts Threads Started
6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
timnottphotography says

ok well i would ask why wordpress over joomla?

from what I have found out since starting this thread is that although isn’t as easy to pick up as wordpress, i havnt tried either yet, it is still fairly intuitive and in the end a good cms…

on top of that the themes available for joomla nearly always seem more sophisticated looking..

as i dont have to do any serious coding i think Joomla can offer more

maybe i am looking at the wrong themes

330 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
-bianca- says

They both are quite alright. I tried Joomla a few years ago but I do prefer the dashboard of Wordpress. But that’s just a matter of opinion. About themes; almost each theme build in Joomla can be build in Wordpress as well. In the past Wordpress used to be a blogging platform. A lot happened and changed since then. I do believe the wordpress community is bigger than Joomla’s but I could be wrong…And yes there are a lot of free themes around. But always ask yourself the question; Why does one offer a theme for free? You will find that themes that you pay for are either more sophisticated, advanced or reliable (security issues). And key question is what does it have to do for me?

And finally, Don’t mind checking other cms platforms as well if you want to invest the time that is…. :-)

timnottphotography
timnottphotography Recent Posts Threads Started
6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
timnottphotography says

So you can use Joomla themes on Wordpress…how confusing :) I have now installed Joomla and am having a look but I will probably install WP as well and check that out as well.

330 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
-bianca- says

Sorry, may i will clarify myself: If you are looking for a specific theme you will find that some theme authors build it in Wordpress and also in Joomla. Which means the visual aspects when you look at the themes are exactly alike. De admin dashboard, and technique are different though. It was my response on you saying Joomla websites look more sophisticated. I’m saying alle the looks possible in Joomla re also possible in Wordpress. However if you don’t have any experience in either of them go for the platform you have the most faith in. I would suggest Wordpress but other people here may advise Joomla or Drupal over Wordpress.

by
by
by
by
by
by