• Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
shuhankuang says

Gaia

it say that:
1 License $25 – A single license works in both Flash CS4 and CS3 on the same computer.

905 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
unchartedrealms says

Triworks has a successfull Template that uses the Gaia Framework so I would say yes.

926 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
michelsteege says

I am not sure, 1 license is for 1 site so i someone buys it he needs to buy his own license.

johnathanburgess
johnathanburgess Recent Posts Threads Started
1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
johnathanburgess says

Hey – Yeah… I’m pretty sure I was the first to start selling a template built in Gaia (AS2) on Flashden, and so, I can confidently say that it seems to be allowed. I’ve kept all of Steven Sack’s, Gaia Creator, copyright stuff in place; and I think that’s would probably be the biggest issue. Steven obviously wants to promote his amazing framework; as well he should, because it’s by far the best thing going for Flash in a long, long time (besides SWFObject and SWFAddress, which I totally give props to).

Anyhow – yeah, I love Triworks Gaia AS3 Template and have purchased it to help me along with my AS3 development in Gaia; I do strongly recommend it, but I also strongly recommend a previous knowledge of the Gaia Framework because they take a LOT of stuff out of the original files (including all of the XML exclude files and the Gaia Project file). It’s easy to rebuild, but it would def. help to know a bit of Gaia background first. Triworks did an amazing job overall with their implementation though.

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

I asked support about this, you can use it but you can`t include it in the download. Seems a bit odd to me, but that`s the official line.

1550 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says
I asked support about this, you can use it but you can`t include it in the download. Seems a bit odd to me, but that`s the official line.
lol
ridiculous , then we should start using TweenMax and not include it in the download.
165 posts Hello World!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
shuhankuang says

I use tweener in gaia. because I dont have tweenlite.:(

926 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
michelsteege says
I use tweener in gaia. because I dont have tweenlite.:(

Tweener is just as good as tweenlite :) only if you are going to animate a lot (thousends) of movieclips tweenlite is better ;)

113 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
teamtunez says
but I also strongly recommend a previous knowledge of the Gaia Framework because they take a LOT of stuff out of the original files (including all of the XML exclude files and the Gaia Project file). It’s easy to rebuild, but it would def. help to know a bit of Gaia background first. Triworks did an amazing job overall with their implementation though.
I agree you should familiarize yourself with it. Also the only reason the XML exclude files arent there is because its an AS3 project . Gaia does not creat those with AS3 . just a heads up.;) And most importantly make sure you always have the current version(they have just added some really good functionality). Totally worth the 25 dollar donation I might add.Gaia Rox!!!
2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+7 more
LanceSnider says
ridiculous , then we should start using TweenMax and not include it in the download.
TweenMax doesn’t let us do that because it’s against their policy, not ours.
it say that: 1 License $25 – A single license works in both Flash CS4 and CS3 on the same computer.
Those are just donations. It says right here that it’s free and under the GPL license. http://www.gaiaflashframework.com/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ. Here is the license itself: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.php. You can redistribute provided you follow the rules set out in the license.
by
by
by
by
by
by