308 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
brainbuzzmedia says

My theme has had three ratings on it and I got an email from a customer that reads:

“Thank you very much, my rating went wrong, 1 star, contacting envato to change it to five, keep you updated.”

So I now have a 4/5 rating for the theme, as the other two must have been 5s. Can someone from support fix this if they are able to verify it?

1799 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

Too bad… This happens really often. Can someone from support fix the whole rating system?

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Hey brainbuzzmedia,

Unfortunately for the time being all ratings are final. It’s not perfect I know, this is one of the reasons we wait for a certain amount of total ratings on an item before showing it, to more evenly balance out a rare bad rating etc.

The good news is that the rating system, as far as I know, is one of the many things on the devs to do list, as for a time frame I’m unsure. It may be a bit behind a few other important features such as the search system overhaul etc.

I know that’s probably not what you’d hoped for, but I hope that clears some things up. :)

922 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+13 more
MDNW says

@CreatingDrew – my 2cents – I hope it gets passed along to the decision making crew:

I just wish that I could reply to (or get feedback from) people who leave low ratings… it seems like this is a huge missed opportunity for direct author-to-buyer support. If someone feels so lowly about one of my products that they feel the need to leave a 1-star rating (without a comment no less), I’d at least like to get some feedback as to why they did so.

Was something broken? Did they not follow the instructions and get frustrated as a result? Are they on an older version that I’ve already updated? Did they try to upload an HTML template to WordPress (I get this one way more often than you might think!)?

A low rating tells me nothing other than that there’s a disgruntled buyer out there (and possibly a fellow author who just wants to drop another author’s rating by 1/1000th of a point). Feedback is really the only way that authors can get better at releasing more stable/useful products in the future.

No matter the reason, it seems like this is an opportunity that’s being missed and a simple form that pops up when a buyer tries to leave a 1 or 2 star rating would probably fix it.

This is an issue for the entire marketplace though – if enough buyers get pissed off at low-quality products, and authors don’t have a reliable source of feedback from the most aggravated of buyers (who consequently usually have the most useful things to say), it affects the reputation of all authors here ;)

644 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

@ epicera — Totally agree.

Authors should be able to see ratings in a list of all ratings for an item with rating, date, and submitter. If you get twenty 5-stars and one 1-star rating chances are today, you’ll never even know you got a 1-star rating. That defeats the whole purpose doesn’t it? I wouldn’t mind all ratings being public, like Amazon. If a customer rated the item, it could show up next to their comments on the item’s discussion.

This goes toward making information more open for buyers and sellers.

2329 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

@CreatingDrew – my 2cents – I hope it gets passed along to the decision making crew:

I just wish that I could reply to (or get feedback from) people who leave low ratings… it seems like this is a huge missed opportunity for direct author-to-buyer support. If someone feels so lowly about one of my products that they feel the need to leave a 1-star rating (without a comment no less), I’d at least like to get some feedback as to why they did so.

Was something broken? Did they not follow the instructions and get frustrated as a result? Are they on an older version that I’ve already updated? Did they try to upload an HTML template to WordPress (I get this one way more often than you might think!)?

A low rating tells me nothing other than that there’s a disgruntled buyer out there (and possibly a fellow author who just wants to drop another author’s rating by 1/1000th of a point). Feedback is really the only way that authors can get better at releasing more stable/useful products in the future.

No matter the reason, it seems like this is an opportunity that’s being missed and a simple form that pops up when a buyer tries to leave a 1 or 2 star rating would probably fix it.

This is an issue for the entire marketplace though – if enough buyers get pissed off at low-quality products, and authors don’t have a reliable source of feedback from the most aggravated of buyers (who consequently usually have the most useful things to say), it affects the reputation of all authors here ;)

+! good idea Brandon

2299 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Yup totally agree – this exact idea has been mentioned by numerous authors including myself for way over a year now.

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Thanks for the awesome feedback Brandon (and GravityDept), it’s always appreciated! I’ll make a note of everything and hopefully we can get some new rating implementations sometime in the future! :)

815 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

Yup totally agree – this exact idea has been mentioned by numerous authors including myself for way over a year now.

+1

Yes, this was suggested before.

by
by
by
by
by
by