• Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
ait says

Year ago I had a quite long discussions with a support team about the above topic. We created a theme that used more less the same html code base, but we made significant changes to design, homepage boxes, added more sidebar options, and so on. Even though the fact that HTML code is the same makes no difference to the end user, our theme was permanently rejected and disabled.

I just came across to some recent themes today that have exactly the same html, but different look and feel.

Has the review process changed since November 2010? If yes, that would be great.

1141 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
KarmaThemes says

I really don’t think that some authors that got 20+ themes are coding them from scratch any time they create a new one. It would just be a huge amount of work to use different classes and ids. Since every coder has their own “handwriting” simularities will always be there.

All the best

152 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Exclusive Author
ait says

Well, that’s what we do, we code the html from scratch after we wasted many hours developing the theme and then redesigning it again after our permanent rejection a year ago…

by
by
by
by
by
by