2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Honnestly can we do that ? .. I have a lot of problem with 1 reviewers and everything is always fine with all the other …

I created this theme : http://www.ddwebstudios.com/uploads/studiohtml/intro.html

It is offered in 2 theme … so I created the ’’intro.html’’ page so that the user can see both ..

You know what ? ... i’ve been rejected because the intro.html doesnt validate .. That is really funny because that page isnt in the file that the buyer buy …Its just a damn page to show the theme for my live preview ..

This is just wrong , I’ve been waiting for 23 hours to get accepted and I get rejected for stupid reason like that ..

Also the help file is not good enough for his taste but its 2x better than my 3 other html theme help file .. something is wrong here ..

Also , this theme already got rejected once .. by this dude .. when it was accepted in PSD by someone else .. and then Jeffrey emailed me to say its ok and hes gonna accept the theme .. and now .. the help file isnt good enough .. I just cant beleive that ..

And now I know what answer im gonna have …

Its a dificult job , we do what we can .. blablabla .. it ! honnestly I cant hear that anymore .. Its not a difficult job at all … Being in the army and fighting in Afghanistan is a hard job , not reviewers for Themeforest.

I am gonna do a better help file .. and then .. ill never work for you guys , im done.

151 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
RoyalTemplates says

I know what you are saying very similar things have happened to me. Such as:

I submit and wait 24hours to find it is rejected because it doesn’t validate. Ok I fix and resubmit. 24 hours later I am told the title text would be better bold. A little trivial and could have been told the first time but what the hell I will fix and resubmit. Then 24 hours later I get told by someone different, actually the template isn’t good enough and it will not be accepted. Wow, thanks for wasting my time.

In addition I find its a lottery whether someone cares about the help file or not.

Having had these experiences and although it is mildly annoying I don’t really see it as too much of an issue. I don’t have a problem with themeforest and will continue to use it. I just wish reviewers were a little more consistent and one specific reviewer was set for each design. That way they know the things they told you to work on and will prevent things happening like shown in my first example.

39 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
simonk says

You can re-sumbit and request a different reviewer so I don’t see a problem with saying “anybody but …” in the reviewer comments when you first submit it.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

Thanks for giving your opinion , I really appreciate it.

Consistency is a real issue here. Anyway , when Themeforest will lose enough creator , maybe they will change things .. but thing are going pretty well for them so why would they change ?

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Hey DDStudios – I feel your pain and understand your frustration, however I think it may of been best to #1 not use the strong language (I understand how annoyed you are but always best to keep that language away from all eyes) – #2 email Jeffrey – almost everyone at one time has felt this way and it all boils down to simple confusion on an authors point of view on how things can differ so much between reviewers -

Seriously, I would like to propose a new way of doing things for TF – it’s obviously high up in the charts for being a pain and a resource hogger for TF to review. Why not use an independent 3rd party service to review files for acceptance – this service could be created where there is are full featured guidelines that all files have to meet – once they meet all the guidelines it then has a review for design appeal – this cannot be a guideline as we know everyone has different tastes – however this is not an excuse for rejecting something – a good designer can look at anything (building, sign, website, landscaping) and tell you if it is professionally created to a good standard – not “I don’t like it” attitude.

How can this service work? Well it could be an arrangement for reviews to be final from this 3rd party company with an agreement with TF powers, or that once this has been reviewed and passed to TF it is automatically accepted as it has already gone thru the system of the 3rd party company.

Why is this better? Right now TF has an obvious issue, that appears to be growing. #1 the queues are getting too long – once a file is rejected the instructions / notes from the reviewer are limited to say the least at times, sometimes they make no sense at all. Not very reassuring for authors.

If a 3rd party company was used we could pay TF authors – some of the best selling ones on here – to review each submission – and notes back would be far more detailed and will include ALL issues on the first reply / rejection letter. This way an author has a check list – they complete all items on the checklist and guess what – it’s then reviewed and accepted – no more adding things on to frustrate people – and finally all submissions will have a max number of hours before being reviewed.

Who pays the reviewers – the 3rd party company does.

Where does the 3rd party company get the money to pay reviewers? We have 2 options – the author pays $10 for a detailed review and check list – knowing that once it’s accepted their, it’s instant at TF – don’t forget you basically get a far more detailed report – you get assigned a reviewer and it gets done within an alloted time frame – guaranteed or money back.

Or TF removes the problems it’s having by paying this 3rd party company $10 to mess with all the authors and file submissions etc etc – $5 goes to company – $5 to each reviewer to review a file.

OK and last point, I would be very interested in setting up this service with TF properly – have a site with an application for uploading files – private login – full file history – everything online – I already have the system required to do everything myself and I am sure top selling authors would be interested in earning some extra cash!

So what does TF and everyone else think?

DDStudios, don’t sweat the small stuff, get the changes done – and never say never man ;)

120 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
cdavidson says

heh its a pain when that happens eh

i feel for ya :)

always explain stuff in the notes to reviewer. that way they dont make mistakes and knock ya out the line.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

Thanks Jonathan , really interesting stuff there.

Sorry for my language , im truly pissed off :) I’ve used the template for the help file that TF provide and re-submit it.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

Thanks Cam!

698 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+10 more
segen says

If interested in second opinion you guys can submit your design to http://reviewmydesign.net/ run by Simnor and moderated my me. The best thing is that every member can review your file.

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I can also fully recommend what segen said – I have (and currently am) using this great service. I just want to make clear that my suggestions were very different from a second opinion service – I was more of a full service suggestion with detailed report etc. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by