2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Also, please remember that, after reviewing many templates, we’re able to determine which templates simply won’t sell on ThemeForest. This is also factored into our decision when approving/rejecting.

2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

My theme is approved !! Yayaya ! :)

And I havent ask another reviewers :P

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

Jeffrey , my help file was better than my 3 other help file that I made for my other theme .. this is why I complain.

2529 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

@DD – That’s unfortunate to hear. However, that doesn’t change the fact that you should strive to provide an in depth help file. You’re here to make money. The more value you add for the buyer, the better your template will sell.

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

I totally understand that but it remain simple HTML /CSS files .. there is not much to say about it but with the template you guys did , it was a lot easier and I recommand it to everybody .. very usefull stuff.

130 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
lukk says

The 24 hour waiting period is beyond acceptable, there are sites where you can wait up to a week!

Also, completely agree with what Jeffrey said, it is not the reviewers job to tell you what is wrong with your template, they simply do it as a courtesy to save the designer some time.

Sometimes I’m shocked when I see some of the templates which have been approved, I then return to the template a week later and see the huge number of sales it has accumulated.

You have to remember guys, ThemeForest is trying to make some money too, if the template won’t sell it just simply won’t get accepted.

Just my 2 cents.

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

@DDStudios – You’re right, it is just simple HTML /CSS and there really isn’t a whole lot to say about it. It is very important to at least cover the general structure and overview of how you’ve built the HTML /CSS so that buyers that are new to HTML /CSS will understand things a little better and even experienced coders will be able to get caught up to speed much faster.

I make sure that every help file covers these aspects and if it is the case that I didn’t catch this on your previous templates then I apologize. They may have slipped through as I was learning the ropes when I first started reviewing.

I try to be as consistent as possible when reviewing but sometimes it takes time to get really really consistently good at something. :-)

385 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+8 more
uDesignStudios says
@UDesignStudios – I’ve received your email. After I discuss the matter with your reviewer, I’ll contact you. I do agree that it’s a nice looking template. But, other factors might have led to the rejections.

@Jeffrey: Thank you very much for your effort. Looking forward to your decision.

by
by
by
by
by
by