3579 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

You can actually do that somehow :) Build the design, submit the PSD file for the PSD category. If it gets accepted you know the design wont be the what caused your rejection in case you build a HTML or WordPress version and it did not make it :)
Even though a psd is approved. Coded design may have design issues, spacing, transitions etc.

Do you know how to code? Pixel perfect? :)

21 posts
  • Located in Pakistan
Shaaam says

Well, I have response for the TF support guys for my theme

“Your file was declined because it doesn’t meet our current design standards. You’ll need to improve the overall design and refine its quality in aesthetics and typography before it will be ready for sale and before it will be able to stand out in ThemeForest.”

As I said earlier, same design has already been approved in Site Templates category. I now believe that TF has different design standards for different categories. Is that really true?

@RubaBristian, @Kriesi, Hence it proves that if a PSD design is accepted it does not mean its WordPress or any other version will also be accepted (even if it is pixel perfect). weird, right? :-)

3862 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Yes there may be different requirements. It depends when the original was accepted, what new features if any have been added, plus that message could mean there are issues still with the functionality etc too.

PSD approval does not mean for certain coded versions will get through but it is definitively a safer way than not submitting it at all before.

Can we see a demo link to your submitted file? Maybe someone could offer some advice?

21 posts
  • Located in Pakistan
Shaaam says

It does make sense that requirements can change with the passage of time as new trend and technology becomes part of the implementation.

Yes there may be different requirements. It depends when the original was accepted, what new features if any have been added, plus that message could mean there are issues still with the functionality etc too.

Information about my theme is available in the this thread. Theme may have functionality issue (although I cant generate one) but the response is all about design and visual standards.
1603 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

“Thorough review” means that the items will be heavily inspected, not that you will get a report card of what’s wrong. We’ve all been rejected, I’ve been rejected more times than I can count, but the trick is just to carry on, improve your design skills or code skills and see rejection as a good thing, it makes you better :D EDIT: To clarify, the reviewers are super busy as it is, if they were to start giving advice to every rejection then review times would be insane! there’s always the item feedback forum section if you need it :)

Big+1, over the past 5+ years I’ve lost count how many times I’ve been hard or soft rejected. Take it as a positive, it will only make you better :)

3862 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Firstly I agree with Contempoinc and Tom about learning from rejection BUT I think your issue is that it is a coming soon template.

Design wise I think the typography could definitely be improved but that aside WP is not right for coming soon. If you look in the WP category there are very few (even less recently since the new requirements came in). For the money involved in a WP theme for a buyer there needs to be more to the site or at least the design needs to be first class and unique.

If it was a proper full sit eI doubt you would have these issues and I just do not think anyone can compare this to the HTML in this case because of the price difference let alone the requirements etc laid out for some categories.

With all the respect in the world I think the HTML version was lucky to get through even

21 posts
  • Located in Pakistan
Shaaam says

@charlie4282, I had the same feeling. If one is being rejected, it does not meant it should keep working on the same design and improve it and make it different. Some times, hard reject means it will never be approved.

My intention to start this thread to save hours of many authors. If the design does not worth, reviewers should not hesitate to write few words that this design will never be approved for XXX reason. thats it.

Bottom line. REJECTION does not always mean “WORK HARDER” and it must be explained in rejection.

by
by
by
by
by
by