162 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
ponjoh says
@Phoenix_Zero : And btw , if flash is so hard to manage , why people buy them at Flashden ?
People come to ThemeForest looking for HTML /CSS/JS, and they go to FlashDen for Flash. So those looking for a website template on TF are familiar with HTML but not necessarily familiar with Flash. So I think it’s a bad move using Flash if the same effect can be achieved with JS.

What is different between a slider in flash and a slider in JS ? If the user only have to change image in a folder to update the animation , isn’t it the same thing they do with the JS slider ? + Flash can do so much better animation , and is cross browser compatible.

I think it worth a try. :)

Thanks for your opinion.

Maybe the buyer wants to do more to the slider than just add images to it?

A slider made with HTML /CSS/JS is very easy to customize for someone who’s familiar with those languages, just as a Flash slider is probably easy to customize if you know Flash. But since TF is a site for web templates, the majority of buyers know HTML /CSS/JS. So they can easily change the appearance and animation etc of the slider without having to learn a new technique.

So I think using as few languages/techniques as possible is more furthering the whole concept of templates. Simply because it makes it easier for buyers to customize.

I think you should go ahead with it though. Maybe it will shut me up =)

Oh, and a slider done right IS cross browser compatible ;)

And those who say “go to Flash Den” for Flash are not realizing that Flash Den is ALL Flash. Not a mixture of HTML and Flash.

I am not saying that flash should be banned from TF. What I mean to say is that things that CAN be done without Flash should. There are some things that simply can’t be achieved with HTML /CSS/JS and in those cases Flash is awesome.

This is what I think and I’d love to hear more opinions. This is really interesting :)

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says
DD..

I have two files here with Flash in them.

I have one also with a XML slider because of an animation that JQuery could not do.

Many people don’t realize that it is actually WAY easier to edit a XML file than JQuery.

But many people on here are turned off by Flash or intimidated by it.

And those who say “go to Flash Den” for Flash are not realizing that Flash Den is ALL Flash. Not a mixture of HTML and Flash.

Good luck to you and don’t worry about the negativity you might get over using Flash.

This site could use a little diversity once in a while!!

Totally agree with you , thanks for your post !

2952 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Maybe doing a version with the slider HTML /CSS/JS and another Flash version for those who just want to use the animation the way I did it ( more spectacular in flash ) , That can be a good thing to do.

162 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
ponjoh says
Maybe doing a version with the slider HTML /CSS/JS and another Flash version for those who just want to use the animation the way I did it ( more spectacular in flash ) , That can be a good thing to do.

That’s a very good idea! Definitely the right line of thinking imho. That gives the buyer even more options.

by
by
by
by
by
by