Can we please start blocking AJ authors from posting every 100 sales to tell us all about it

632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

There should be rules in place that denotes what milestones should be celebrated, an example would be:

1st sale
50th
100th
500th
1000th
2000th
3000th
4000th
5000th
10000th
20,000th
etc etc

These threads should also be on offtopic, or even better, have a dedicated “milestones” forum :)

1283 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

It is nice to share accomplishments, but authors do use the forums for publicity in this way too and I find it gets very boring, very quickly if there’s too much of it. On Videohive, we had a similar thread a while ago and decided that only real milestones should be allowed in the main forum. Everything else will be moved to off-topic. Threads that get bumped with “thanks everyone” every 2 hours (or strategically just before it disappears of the first page) also wing their way straight to off-topic.

Real accomplishments would be new users with an early milestone, because that’s totally exciting. After that, silver paw and above or elite. Most of the really successful authors don’t post their milestones anyway….even when they’re really big ones.

The point is that if every author celebrates every milestone, the forum will soon be full of it. And it was starting to get that way at Videohive. The VH forum is still friendly and still interesting. Lots of these milestones are ending up in the massively popular Sales Monitor thread.

My main interest is keeping the forum interesting for regular forum users. It seems to be working well.

+1 this

thanks felt, makes perfect sense
387 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Located in Poland
+3 more
DamianN says

You know, threads like: “87 sales, thank you thank you thank you…” are boring as hell… But there are some very interesting celebration threads, when we can discuss about different matters… Not only about current milestone. Just my 3 eurocents…

And who the hell was the first to start these threads :P

3012 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
TNL3542 says

You know, threads like: “87 sales, thank you thank you thank you…” are boring as hell… But there are some very interesting celebration threads, when we can discuss about different matters… Not only about current milestone. Just my 3 eurocents…
And who the hell was the first to start these threads :P

umm probley the owner of the of envato :)

941 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+3 more
graphicmind says

There should be rules in place that denotes what milestones should be celebrated, an example would be: 1st sale
50th
100th
500th
1000th
2000th
3000th
4000th
5000th
10000th
20,000th
etc etc

+1 and also maybe paws

7600 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

My question is

why only AudioJungle authors?

:)

51 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
MightyFine says

Everybody should just work on crossing the $1.000.000 border –┬áthis is the most legit Yay-Thread. Since it gets written by Envato you don’t even have to do it yourself ;)

779 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
StudioEtude says

Some use these reports to self-promotion, I also do not see the point of such reports (100,200 …), I agree with the above, it can be automated message on the home page.
And would do well to automatically greet the mail, those users with a birthday … I am sure that your birthday greetings you get from other sites and it’s a pity that it does not practice in Envato!

844 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says

Hi Sky, thanks for your concern. Somewhere between your own milestone threads and this current thread of yours, you’ve lost sight of what this community is, and what it has been to you. You used to post these threads too, and people use to rejoice with you, and you used to be grateful for their comments and encouragement. Instead, now you’re going around to multiple milestone threads and posting the same thing:

http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/what-im-doing-in-my-dashboard-99-of-the-time/63434?page=8 7th one down on page 8 ”

These forums have no room for bullying. I’d rather see more positive milestone threads and rejoice in those people’s milestones (which are all relative to what the composers deems a “milestone” – I get to one about every 2 months), than see more threads complaining like this one.

Jami put it well and the fact that many Envato staff also encourage the authors on these threads should be a good indication that they are desired here. To say that they don’t belong here because you don’t like them is a little selfish. Just move on, man. Move on. There are much better things to devote your time to than being passive aggressive on other people’s milestone threads.

You’ve been a great forum encourager before. I know I’ve personally felt encouraged by you before, especially with a particular song that you have really taken a liking to. Don’t forget that you’re an encourager first. These things are more important and should concern you more.

Take care.

1556 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Hi Sky, thanks for your concern. Somewhere between your own milestone threads and this current thread of yours, you’ve lost sight of what this community is, and what it has been to you. You used to post these threads too, and people use to rejoice with you, and you used to be grateful for their comments and encouragement. Instead, now you’re going around to multiple milestone threads and posting the same thing:

http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/what-im-doing-in-my-dashboard-99-of-the-time/63434?page=8 7th one down on page 8 ”

These forums have no room for bullying. I’d rather see more positive milestone threads and rejoice in those people’s milestones (which are all relative to what the composers deems a “milestone” – I get to one about every 2 months), than see more threads complaining like this one.

Jami put it well and the fact that many Envato staff also encourage the authors on these threads should be a good indication that they are desired here. To say that they don’t belong here because you don’t like them is a little selfish. Just move on, man. Move on. There are much better things to devote your time to than being passive aggressive on other people’s milestone threads.

You’ve been a great forum encourager before. I know I’ve personally felt encouraged by you before, especially with a particular song that you have really taken a liking to. Don’t forget that you’re an encourager first. These things are more important and should concern you more.

Take care.

Very well said mate, I can’t believe this Sky dude is such a massive hypocrite.

by
by
by
by
by
by