263 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
SkyProductions says

When I joined I uploaded 2 or 3 versions per track; 1 full, 1 without melody and 1 with just drum and bass or other components.

It was rejected and I was told you can’t upload stems. Just alternate 30sec version or 60 sec versions.

Can you upload stems now? It seems people are starting to.

42 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
SweedSounds says

Strange rejection. To me it seems just like different versions of the same song? Or did you have pure instrument parts, say, a separated bass part, drum part and so forth? Or where they combined parts? Or was it that they were short parts, say drum and bass loop for 4 bars? And that was the reason for rejection.

I have done some songs with different version, with and without melody.

42 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
SweedSounds says

Forgot to mention, you can upload a song with fully separated stems in the “source file”-category “other”. Don’t think there’s much activity in that category though.

2756 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+17 more
scottwills Envato team says

Hi guys. :)

You are allowed to include variations with your submission but a total of only 5 files. We do not permit stems however.

So for example, you could include your main 3 minute track, a 60 second version, a 30 second version, a 15 second loop and then maybe another version of your main 3 minute track which makes 5 total files. This is our definition of a “variation”.

When we say “stems” are not allowed we are simply referring to the individual instruments/tracks within a song all by themself. So let’s say an author uploaded an awesome rock track but he or she included separate “stems” of the lead guitar track and/or a separate bass guitar track, we do not permit this.

Hope this clarifies everything! :)

2756 posts
+17 more

Forgot to mention, you can upload a song with fully separated stems in the “source file”-category “other”. Don’t think there’s much activity in that category though.

Just to clarify this one further, the stems are part of the actual source file. They should not be bounced out as individual tracks and included in the .zip. It’s unnecessary – the person purchasing the source file can do this themselves, especially if the customer wishes to change, tweak or remix the track first. Thanks for understanding. :)

263 posts
+3 more
SkyProductions says

So uploading a “Full” track, and uploading the same track minus melody is ok?

2756 posts
+17 more

So uploading a “Full” track, and uploading the same track minus melody is ok?

Generally speaking, yes. If it’s too “bare bones” without the melody however and it’s creeping into “stem” territory then reviewers obviously reserve the right to reject. I’m not familiar with your actual files you’re referring to at the start of this thread but by the look of things it sounds like the track with just drums and bass that you submitted may have been the problem. Hope this and my previous comments help. :)

263 posts
+3 more
SkyProductions says

Yes it does Scott. Crystal clear, thank you so much.

468 posts
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 50+ members
+3 more
D_Cooper says

In order not to create a new topic will ask here. Can upload as one item a main version and a version without the solo instrument, but with slightly different chords. For example, if the main theme of four chords one bar each, and additional versions is the first two chords two bars each. IT must be News theme and News background loop (you know how it usually sounds). Hope you will understand my english :)

2756 posts
+17 more

In order not to create a new topic will ask here. Can upload as one item a main version and a version without the solo instrument, but with slightly different chords. For example, if the main theme of four chords one bar each, and additional versions is the first two chords two bars each. IT must be News theme and News background loop (you know how it usually sounds). Hope you will understand my english :)

Hi Victor! If I understand correctly, yes, you can include a slightly different variation with your same submission as we do not allow similar submissions as separate uploads. Let me know if I misunderstood anything. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by