• Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

I was thinking tonight. All of you here seem to be incredibly successful in some way or another. There are things that you do which I would never do. As far as designing and developing goes, I’ve seen some products that I thought were really impressive. From templates to image sliders, menus to video players. And then there is the ever so common Portfolio template.

I admit I’m also partly responsible for the portfolio category being what it is now. But the templates category can be so much more. Are you guys holding back? It seems to me that most of the authors here are. Somehow I’ve come to the thought that most of AD’s authors are capable of constructing full matrixes where by people can experience full environments with complete functions of the human element and more. While I’m just stuck only being able to design what I call templates.

Its as though you’re holding back about 98.25% of your abilities just to make it seem like I’ve actually gotten good at something. But even if that were true, it hardly shows. I don’t get it. Why are my files so bad?

HAHA !! GOTCHA ! I’m just messin around. Its not like you guys can really design and develop full matrixes and universes. :P Right?

8194 posts Community Moderator
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

moved to offtopic ;)

7190 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

moved to offtopic ;)

hoping it will not get locked ;)

hint: is not that if someone ask for a lock on a thread, it should automatically be delivered to him. If someone jump the shark in a discussion (and that’s rare on this website) just give him a warning or ban him for some time if he doesn’t stop, but why all of us should be punished?

do you know envato, what happens when you act a little out of hand? People get frustrated and start flaming the threads just because they feel unjustly restricted. I’ve not made this up, is a well known behavior.

now back to the off topic topic. :D

3071 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

Why do I see this topic going in the same direction with all that Flash vs HTML mambo jumbo? :D
It’s almost the same subject:
Why authors don’t build better stuff in Flash? Because of [Insert Flash vs HTML Flame here]

4247 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

C’mon! This was totally on topic. Matrix is a term used in AS3 isn’t it? Other people get to start topics like, “iPad gets used as women’s dietary suppliment”, or “Steve Jobs loses Jobs, now he’s just Steve.” And their threads get left in place on the ActiveDen category. What’s with the discrimination? :D

1660 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
+4 more
flashedge says

Meh, lock the whole forum and remove it from the site.

4247 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

Yeah, no kidding. Its conversation abuse control transformed into just plain conversation control.

But the good part about most of my threads are that since they might be off topic, and that I’m the thread starter, there’s good chance that they won’t get locked per request. With the exception of one thread… unless I”m just imagining that having happened… ?

5766 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I was thinking tonight. All of you here seem to be incredibly successful in some way or another. There are things that you do which I would never do…

Try different things if some areas doesn’t gives success after too many attempts. It is important to have wider experiments. I mean don’t invest too much of time/ resource on single category.

I hope it will not be considered as discouragement. If you find it is very hard to make success with particular category, that doesn’t mean you didn’t tried enough. Sometimes, it is better to go with what gives you more success. Unconsciously we may stick with things that doesn’t suited for us for a long time and then realize we forgot to put hands on things very easy to handle. I mean don’t let your work become gamble due to pure positive thoughts about premade targets.

I think it is very difficult to catch the criterias which gives success for files. So what actually good authors do here is trying same criteria on future files and few which clicks. You have minimum one successful template from which you can start thinking next template.

4247 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

Thanks VF. Do YOU have the ability to design a full matrix? Like the one from the, “The Matrix” Trilogy? Cus like, All I can do is make templates and other files. :P

5766 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Thanks VF. Do YOU have the ability to design a full matrix? Like the one from the, “The Matrix” Trilogy? Cus like, All I can do is make templates and other files. :P

Looks like you have much time than everyone here. Go read this if bored:

http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

by
by
by
by
by
by