205 posts
  • Albania
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
BlinVarfi says

Hi there,

Is there any way to import a Corel Draw file cdr. in ai. or eps. ,but without quality lost. More in transparent objects or gradient colors. Is there any software which make the convert?

Thank you,

BlinV

3 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
cristianalm says

You can save the .cdr directly in .ai format (in corel X4 this option is kind of ok). You can try to export an .eps file or .pdf without quality lost. But sometime for transparency and gradient is not working. For some gradients or transparent object i have chosen to replace with a color, and after import remake gradient in illustrator. But for a complex image it could be a nightmare.

3085 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says

Rreplied to this kind of thread before as well. I think you can try using just the stroke fill and setting color fill to none. Then drag and drop your content in AI document or just save as .ai

205 posts
  • Albania
  • Exclusive Author
BlinVarfi says
You can save the .cdr directly in .ai format (in corel X4 this option is kind of ok). You can try to export an .eps file or .pdf without quality lost. But sometime for transparency and gradient is not working. For some gradients or transparent object i have chosen to replace with a color, and after import remake gradient in illustrator. But for a complex image it could be a nightmare.

Yes i know, but i mean for gradients and transparent object. Thank you

3085 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+1 more
Raincutter says

I don’t think there’s any option which can let you export the file from corel draw to illustrator with exact gradient info. You’ll have to work with gradients in illustrator. Though there might be a solution which I’m not aware of.

73 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
cdutson says

I have had mixed success moving things from one to the other. I’ve found sometimes that combining curves and such (which may have been individual letters with a gradient, for example) can actually help hold the gradient when it’s moved into the other program.

For the most part though, I’ve found that it’s better to cut your losses and just re-create the gradients after you’ve moved everything.

by
by
by
by
by
by