20 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
mharr765 says

I give up on trying to upload templates here, haha, but this is something I made not at all for themeforest. I dont ever plan to try and upload it or anything like that.

However I would like your opinion on it, in case I ever decide to use it for something. Opinions and suggestions are much appreciated.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4033/blahsf8.jpg

61 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ne-design says

Hi mharr765.

Lot of the themes that I saw that were rejected are having problem with colors. The design I see right now has a really good idea, but little weak on colors. Maybe a lighter background will help to lighten up your whole design!

You might also consider how the background cloud will look in larger displays. Here is a great tutorial on large backgrounds.

How to: CSS Large Background

698 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

Good start, header is nice BUT everything beneath it could be done better. First I would remove that wooden bg and leave just clouds and some illustration. Content with white transparent overlay is ok. Sidebar needs improvement and typo must be better.

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

I don’t think the “sky” header matches with the “wooden” background at all.

118 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 100+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
elisent says

i agree, the concept is not bad, but there needs to be a much better transition between the header graphics and the wooden bg, the swishes should have a certain “end-effect” on the right, they are cropped up too brutally, green news title color doesn’t integrate well (I’m actually hard pressed to find a design in which that exact green would work), section titles on the left are a bit out of style, you would need a footer, or something to finish it up at the lower end, it looks unfinished. There’s tons more things that could be improved, but as I said, it’s not bad at all even like this, with a little bit more work it can be seriously cool :)

204 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
parajuli says

You can use a picture of a green hill and put in below the sky and set the background color ‘green’..

by
by
by
by
by
by