1559 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

Hello ! I had the same interrogation some month ago, and i had the chance to test both… In fact Video autofocus is NOT usable when you do real videos, i mean if you film your child running ok, it can be acceptable, but if you need something really accurate for a clip or short film, without some little errors of focus you have to do it manually !!! And the video quality is exactly the same for the 2… Considering that + the fact that magic lantern (a little hack that gives much more help to film) i choose the 600d and bought some better lenses with the difference… note that this is the real thing : save your money and buy good lenses with good aperture..

I’m really happy with this choice even if the touch screen was nice to use…

here are 2 videos i made with it :

http://danielbeja.fr/video-appel-indirect/ http://danielbeja.fr/clip-lady-robot-le-gros-tube/ have fun :) hope this helped

Thanks

2009 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

When we are talking about video, yes, 600D is the right one because of MagicLantern. Except if you need a (scrappy) autofocus and stereo mics instead of mono. But there are no real other advantages for video from a 650D.
BUT: www.canonumors.com mentioned something about a new camera soon (probably 700D). Maybe it’s worth waiting?

I made this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8aDxzjssEU half of the cams are 600D, one 5DMKII and some Sony’s. (the Jib Crane and one Steadycam was 600D, the other Steadycam 5DMKII, you won’t see a difference between those in this film)

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

I used 550d for 2 years. the 600d is very close to 550d. the 650d is bit better. however the main part is photo quality is the same. so if you want to save money , just come with 550d.
the articulating screen is a big plus and 550d doesn’t have one, so I would consider that if choosing between 550d and the other two.

are you trolling me . every camera have articulating screen

1560 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

I got 600D since it have digital zoom so you can have 3x Full HD video with using 18 mpix sensor crop without quality loss. Huge advange for me when I compared it few month back. And yes Magic Lantern is must have.

P.S. You may check my stock footage portfolio for examples of 600D video capabilities.

Best Regards, Andrey

1004 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
purethemes says

I’ve recently switched from 350D ( :D ) to 650D with Canon EF 24-105 mm f/4L IS USM and it’s amazing. But yes, touch screen is not really needed, and doesn’t help with anything, it takes the same time to set what you need using buttons. And auto video focus is slow and loud.. I prefer to change it manually, but the quality of movies is just wow. And flip-out screen is very useful. I’ve bought 650D with intention to record better movies, but you still could do the same with 600D. Anyway, what matters is what lens you’ve got ;)

+7 more
purethemes says

P.S. You may check my stock footage portfolio for examples of 600D video capabilities.

This all is recorded by 600D? nice! what lens you have?

1560 posts
+6 more
AndrVlad says

This all is recorded by 600D? nice! what lens you have?

Thank you! I switched to 600D somewhere in Aug 2012 so all footage since that time are recorded with 600D. Previously used 60D which have same quality for video but no 3x zoom feature which is very usefull. For some reason 600D is the only Canon DSLR which have this feature today .
I have few lens. EF-S 17-55, EF 70-200 and EF 8-15.

Best Regards, Andrey

+7 more
purethemes says

Do you have any steadicam ?

1560 posts
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Do you have any steadicam ?
Recently I got Glidecam HD2000 but didn’t have time to practice to achive appropriate results yet.

Best Regards, Andrey

2234 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
Creattive says

I used 550d for 2 years. the 600d is very close to 550d. the 650d is bit better. however the main part is photo quality is the same. so if you want to save money , just come with 550d.
the articulating screen is a big plus and 550d doesn’t have one, so I would consider that if choosing between 550d and the other two.
are you trolling me . every camera have articulating screen

no, 550d is fixed

by
by
by
by
by
by