182 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Sri Lanka
+3 more
cryvfx says

Ha ii Guys,

i need little help.I have idea to buy canon 600D.but i want buy it separate it is mean body & lens.

but i am planing to buy without canon 18-55mm lens.one of my friend said better you want buy

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lenses.he told it is very good sharpness with details es.

so i have to idea get photos & video.pl z can you tell me what is the better way.

canon 600D with

• canon 18-55mm lens or Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lenses.

This moment i cant buy both lens what is the best?

pl z help me if you have free time.

Thank you cryvfx

79 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Mazuza says

Hello cryvfx here is some additional differenses just go to youtube and watch comparison of lenses

It's depends if you want to take portrait or close up shots 
you should use 50mm lens.it will be better than 18-50mm lens.
but if you need zoom with 50mm you can't...
180 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Hikari-Pictures says

Hello CryVFX. Your friend is giving you good advice. 50 mm 1.8 is very good lens and its priced very low about 150$ in my country. People called this lens “plastic fantastic” It has amazing price/quality balance.

I was in same situation when I was buying my 60D 2 yeras ago. I bought body + 18-135 and 50 1.8 / 18-135 is a little bit more expensive from the “kit lenses” but its good range. But its not good with low light conditions. In cheaper body you have to remember that iso higher then 400 or so is almost not acceptable. Noise is ruin the shadows…

I know its all about the money but must have is zoom 18-55 or 18-135 + bright 50 1.8 that is almost no difference with very expensive 1.4 even some people say that 1.8 its better. To be very flexible in with your gear you need also something very wide like 8mm fish eye. And you are well prepared to any production.

Good luck.

180 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Hikari-Pictures says

85mm 1.4 is also great one but only for portrait. Amazing DOF looks so “pro”. And very handle in almost no light indoors. Its sometimes happened when you have to film company event or fashion show, and when you arrive to the location you realized the atmosphere is “romantic” with only candles on the table :P

578 posts
azamshah72v says

Get the kit lens and get the 50mm 1.8 because its not that expensive. the kit lens give you wide 18mm. but if you have the money, forget about everything you said, go for 7D and above, go for L lens.

if ur budget constraint you, take the kit lens plus extra 50mm 1.8. if you have little bit more than that, forget the kit lens, but go take a wider lens 12-24 or 10-16 from 3rd party producer plus the 50mm that you want. go for tele lens if you have some more spare like 70-200, or 70-300.

in the end, you should have 2 body (1 high end, 1 intermediate), and a few good lens ranging from 10mm – 400mm. Good luck man. wishing you many sales to come.

79 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
Mazuza says

Canon 600d? hmm… my advice is add money and get 7d =)

1578 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Canon 600d? hmm… my advice is add money and get 7d =)
Same results for video. No need to pay more for 7D.

Best regards, Andrey

366 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
modeon says

This is the best advice:

Do not buy cheap camera or lens. Pay some money for better (maybe best) results.

182 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Sri Lanka
+3 more
cryvfx says

Thank x lot my friends i learn lot of things from you…. :)

5220 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

This is the best advice: Do not buy cheap camera or lens. Pay some money for better (maybe best) results.

No.. if you want to do moving image, why not get an Arri Alexa? Only $90,000. Then you’ll need the lenses of course.

My point is that cheapness is relative. Comments like “do not buy a cheap camera or lens” are not that helpful. A 600D is not a cheap camera. A 7D is not an expensive camera. It depends how you look at it.

We’d need to know specifically what you consider to be cheap and why you consider this to be a worse buy than a specific more expensive option. Otherwise it’s not very meaningful.

by
by
by
by
by
by