1 post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
inlineskater says

Hello – I am trying to buy themes on here. I have sent messages to the authors I want to buy from, never a reply. I try to buy via Paypal and the purchase is rejected. Anybody else having the same issue?

3196 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
DzincStudio says

Hi inlineskater, some users are indeed having issues when making payments with PayPal. While the issue continues to be on PayPal’s side, here is the latest official response from Envato’s General Manager:

Hi everyone,

I’m Vahid and I am the General Manager of the Marketplaces. The recent PayPal issue is the direct impact of a small increase in fraudulent transactions we experienced recently. When this happens PayPal tightens it’s parameters to stop this fraudulent activity, but also occasionally has the outcome of voiding a real transaction.

We are in daily contact with PayPal to minimise the impact of these measures, and hopefully refine them, but this is a lengthy process. The PayPal system is very complex and takes many variables into account, which is why some buyers have have reported both failure followed by success later when some aspect of the transaction was changed.

While the data from PayPal indicates the changes have only affected a very small percentage of actual transactions, for those affected it is extremely irritating and frustrating. Worse yet there is often no logical way to understand why some transactions work while others do not.

This is a really tricky situation as we need to balance the need to protect our authors from fraud and dispute issues, with wanting our sites to be accessible to everyone. If you are amongst those affected, I am sorry for the frustration this has caused.

If you are affected and can pay by Moneybookers/Skrill, that should resolve the problem. If you do not have access to Moneybookers, I can only suggest you contact PayPal to resolve the issue. In the meantime we will continue working with PayPal on our end. Again, we truly apologise for this inconvenience.
2964 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
TNL3542 says

ahh you beat me to it :)

1 post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Pandora1330 says

Moneybookers NOT WORKING!!!!!!! is very very irritating…Please, we need a payment system effective

3196 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
DzincStudio says

Hi Pandora1330, please be so kind to open a Support Ticket – Hopefully they’ll be able to help you out.

Locked to prevent confusion regarding old PayPal issue.

by
by
by
by
by
by