382 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

I know the feeling. Bottom line, it’s not the last notebook you are going to buy. I a year or 2 will be outdated anyway. So you should not trouble yourself so much.

1322 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
Pricop says

+1 for the Asus, I bought one back in 2011 (almost two years ago) and still working on it every day, I got it for around $900 (8GB of Ram 1333MHz, 750GB 5200rpm, GeForce GT 540M, i7-2630QM).

273 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
CrealabSK says

I have laptop ASUS N76V with this configuration:

• Intel Core i7 – 3630QM, 2.4GHz,
  • 8GB RAM,
  • 1TB + 1TB HDD,
  • nVidia Geforce GT 635M 2GB.

I am satisfied with the performance. Maybe I should choose variants with graphics nVidia Geforce GT 650M 2GB and 16GB RAM, but I am satisfied also with current configuration. :-)

360 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
tmthymllr says

You can buy a refurbished MacBook Air on Apple’s site for around $850. Why not save a few more months and buy what you really want?

I don’t understand people that buy cheap computers. They only end up hating it and tossing it in the garbage two years later. Then they’re out of $600.

In the long run, they’re only wasting money, and time.

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
deyanbre says

You can buy a refurbished MacBook Air on Apple’s site for around $850. Why not save a few more months and buy what you really want?

I don’t understand people that buy cheap computers. They only end up hating it and tossing it in the garbage two years later. Then they’re out of $600.

In the long run, they’re only wasting money, and time.

I don’t understand how you expect that everyone has enough money for that overpriced products? I can’t wait few more months because I need it next week. And I prefer hating it for lower quality then poor performance which I can get for 850$ Mac product. I know that they are good, and when I had a chance I’ll buy one definitely, but I’m just student and today is not that day. Thank you.

So ASUS is my choice now, just to decide which one :)

224 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
WPAlchemy says

I have a Toshiba satellite S855-S5382 and I love it. Been using it 24/7 for the last 10 months and still runs as good as new.

Core i7-3630QM 2.4 GHz
8 GB DDR3
1024 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
AMD Radeon HD 7680M 2 GB
15 inches 1366×768 pixels screen
1 USB 2.0
3 USB 3.0
Blu-Ray disc reader

Everything you will ever need for at least 2 or 3 years. Its a little expensive but well worth it (u$s 1050 now, I paid u$s 950 for it though, not sure why its more expensive now).

1034 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

If you are buying for designing than go for mac book pro or alteast try it at Apple store.

304 posts
  • Located in India
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
ideastools says

I have dell (3521) working performance is not so good when you working with these heavy softwares they need great processors go for the latest like i7 etc and also buy only light ones because they’re easy to carry anywhere ;)

342 posts
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

If you are buying for designing than go for mac book pro or alteast try it at Apple store.

Is the Mac version of Photoshop much better than the PC one?

1878 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Is the Mac version of Photoshop much better than the PC one?

No. (maybe it crashes less, but that’s about it)

I would absolutely suggest getting an SSD because that’s what you will feel the most in terms of performance, but they might be out of budget for you, especially the bigger ones. And 12-16GB RAM is also a good idea. Regarding CPU the differences in this price range won’t really be that noticeable. Just get a big SSD and plenty of RAM. 15” is also better because 17” are pricier and 15” is enough. When it comes to CPU, less cores and more frequency is better for you. GPU depends on your gaming needs, if you don’t game, don’t bother. Another idea is to get a notebook, ideally with an SSD for system, apps, core work files and PS scratch disk and another HDD for classic data – both inside.

by
by
by
by
by
by