7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
deyanbre says

I finally found something I would like to buy, but it’s out of stock in the whole country, damn.

What about these 2? Asus X550VC-XX039H Win8 15.6” 1336×768 ,Intel Core i5-3230M/6GB RAM/1TB HDD/nVidia GT720M 2GB/BT/GLAN/HDMI Price: 570€

and Asus N56VV-S3015 15.6” 1336×768, IntelCQ i5-3230M/8GB DDR3/750GB/GT 750M 2GB/BT 4.0+WiDi/ Price: 730€

Does the second one is worth 160€ more for better gpu and upgradable ram to 16GB?

Also, what about HP ProBook 450 or 470?

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

i got a big heavy HP laptop that’s worked great for years; asus is also a great brand though I haven’t tried a laptop (I use their mobos in my pcs).

8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

tried looking on ebay for Macbook? Worth every penny..

35 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
nicole_89 says

I wanted a laptop on my last upgrade, I thought that I can have the same thing in a smaller case and I can plug in a regular keyboard and use it as a usual pc and be mobile when needed.

But after I read this http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2013/05/25/don-t-be-fooled-by-laptop-cpus/ I changed my mind, for work a desktop pc is most suitable especially when you need more processing power.

If I had choosen a laptop I would had the same processing power as my old pc and I would get nothing except a smaller case.

8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

^ isn’t that kind of obvious?

laptops will cost more because the tech is far smaller… my desktop is FAR more powerful than my macbook but they cost the same… you can’t lug your desktop on a train though… depends what you really need…

5388 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

^ isn’t that kind of obvious? laptops will cost more because the tech is far smaller… my desktop is FAR more powerful than my macbook but they cost the same… you can’t lug your desktop on a train though… depends what you really need…

When my hd died on my 27 inch Mac. I had to take it into the apple store, carrying it under one arm. A woman was staring at me as I made my way up the escalator.

I nonchalantly, looked at her and said.

its the iPhone 55 ( newest model out )

She wasnt impressed

1864 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

^ isn’t that kind of obvious? laptops will cost more because the tech is far smaller… my desktop is FAR more powerful than my macbook but they cost the same… you can’t lug your desktop on a train though… depends what you really need…

When my hd died on my 27 inch Mac. I had to take it into the apple store, carrying it under one arm. A woman was staring at me as I made my way up the escalator.

I nonchalantly, looked at her and said.

its the iPhone 55 ( newest model out )

She wasnt impressed

lol mate, did you just say she stared at your 27 inch mac and wasn’t impressed? :grin:

5388 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

@FreshFace ( lol - may have been me she wasn’t impressed with ) ahahaha

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
deyanbre says

I’m buying tomorrow but I can’t decide between these two:

Laptop Fujitsu Lifebook AH552/SL GL Intel Core i7-3612QM 2.1GHz (quad core), 8GB RAM (up to 16GB), Intel® HD 4000, 15.6’’ LED backlight WXGA 1366×768 (Glossy), 6 cell battery, 2.2kg

and

ASUS X550CC-XX399 i7-3537U 2.0GHz (dual core), 8GB of RAM (it’s maximum) nVidia GeForce GT 720M 15.6’’ LED 1366×768 4 cell battery, 2.4kg

Is fujitsu good? I had read some reviews and no one hates them too much.

Please help me decide between these two :)

2494 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+15 more
contrastblack Staff says

I’m buying tomorrow but I can’t decide between these two:

Laptop Fujitsu Lifebook AH552/SL GL Intel Core i7-3612QM 2.1GHz (quad core), 8GB RAM (up to 16GB), Intel® HD 4000, 15.6’’ LED backlight WXGA 1366×768 (Glossy), 6 cell battery, 2.2kg

and

ASUS X550CC-XX399 i7-3537U 2.0GHz (dual core), 8GB of RAM (it’s maximum) nVidia GeForce GT 720M 15.6’’ LED 1366×768 4 cell battery, 2.4kg

Is fujitsu good? I had read some reviews and no one hates them too much.

Please help me decide between these two :)

Reading through this thread, it seems to me that you’re looking for the best performance/cash ratio.

In this case, it’s clear that the Lifebook is a better option. Now if we were to compare brand values and customer happiness etc, I’m fairly certain that Asus would have the better side of the picture, but not because Fujitsu doesn’t manufacture quality products… rather because Asus had a more aggressive marketing campaign addressing more vocal buyers (in this case, a younger age group) whereas Fujitsu focused on the business/adult group. The specs are better on the Fujitsu. You won’t find a 14-26 y/o to recommend a Fujitsu over an Asus (provided they used both), as you won’t get any 26+ y/o to recommend an Asus laptop over their trusted Fujitsu that survived for 8 years.

Anyway… the only downside would be the video card, as the built in hd 4000 is not exactly top notch. Then again, that chip paired with a 6cell instead of a 4cell battery means that you might get up to 2hours more usage out of it, per charge cycle. Which is something important for mobility fanatics :) Asus pretty much offered you a “sleek” desktop, without the ability to upgrade the ram. Having that video card (and using it, not only letting the laptop idle), on a 4cell battery is a bit of a fun idea…

by
by
by
by
by
by