2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Vizability says

I recently downloaded one of your mobile wordpress themes. I compressed it and zipped it and now it is saying that I can’t find the style.css file. Even though I’ve located it in the downloaded folder It appears to not be in the correct folder. Can you help me?

Mike

148 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
BowtieThemes says
2 posts
Vizability says

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/269/0/my-wordpress-theme-isnt-working-what-should-i-do

Bowtie, I clicked on the link you gave me and read through the instructions. The video is no longer there and the instructions did not work. I looked for the theme file as told, nope not there. I also looked at other successful templates that have worked to see exactly what files i needed to upload and they just arent in the download. I even downloaded the template again to see if that would help. Any further advice?

Mike

36 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
simplejackbe says

Here’s what you should do:

• download the file from Themeforest (it’s a .zip file)
  • unzip the file you have downloaded from Themeforest
  • in the file you just unzipped will be another .zip file => that is the one you need to upload in your WP admin

If the zip file (which i explained in the previous steps) isn’t there you need to locate all files from the theme (e.g. Header.php, footer.php etc) and put the all in one folder to have the following structure:

- Your created map
—footer.php
—header.php
—style.css
—includes

Etc…

Then zip that folder (compress it) and upload that into your WP admin.

Hope I’ve helped! :)

Kind regards, Mats

1 post
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
BrielleK says

BEST INSTRUCTIONS EVER !!!!! WAY BETTER THAN THE SUPPORT FORUM. THX!!! FOUND YOU VIA google

by
by
by
by
by
by