2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Canada
canadajack says

I have purchased this jQuery Banner Rotator at http://codecanyon.net/item/jquery-banner-rotator-slideshow/109046 and there is a problem with it. The author seems to have disappeared even with over 7K purchases! He is not answering the comments or messages.

The issue I found with the banner rotator is that when you use Firefox, on the tab it has a fav icon and the page title. While loading a web page before displaying the fav icon, it will be a green rotating circle, indicating that the page is being loaded. However, with that banner, it will keep on rotating, meaning that it’s trying to load something constantly. The status bar at the bottom will say “Transferring data from….” and it will not go away. I think there is a problem with the Javascript code for the banner. I am not a javascript programmer so I can’t figure out what is wrong :(

You can see the banner with Firefox at http://codecanyon.net/item/jquery-banner-rotator-slideshow/full_screen_preview/109046 at the bottom status bar you will see the message “Transferring data from 2.s3.envato.com” This does not happen with his other Wordpress rotating banner plugin.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Jack

484 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Austria
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
iHelp says

Hi Jack,

there are two pieces of information you need to know:
  1. Due to Envato policy the author of an item is not required to give support. You can read everything about it here: http://codecanyon.net/help/getting_started
  2. Users that bought an item through the Envato marketplaces receive a “buyers badge”, which will communicate publicly that they bought an item. For example you can see that little blueish guy below my avatar on the left.
    Furthermore, purchasing an item will verify your purchase to the author of the item both in item comments and emails you send through the form on his/her profile page. Unless you are logged in with the account that purchased the item, it will be even more difficult to get support from an author since there is no proof you bought the item.
  3. Maybe you want to log back in from the account that purchased the item and ask him again?

All the best

2 posts
  • Located in Canada
canadajack says

If you notice on the comment page of that plugin that there are many other paid users asking questions but no response at all. Since I got no response from the author I contacted envato support. They also indicated that the author is not required to reply. They suggested that I post the question on this forum. I am hoping someone may be able to help.

5560 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

ThemeSector-Support is correct, we won’t be able to help you unless you log in with the account you purchased the item under. Thanks!

1 post
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
AngelB53 says

If you notice on the comment page of that plugin that there are many other paid users asking questions but no response at all. Since I got no response from the author I contacted envato support. They also indicated that the author is not required to reply. They suggested that I post the question on this forum. I am hoping someone may be able to help.

Good luck trying to get help I still to this day have not been able to add the banner-rotator to any container on the webpage with other content including javascript. It seems to work find alone but a banner is not a website and all I was trying to do was to find out how it could be done easier than has been. The way I see it it didn’t cost me but $10.00 in the long run they will loose more than that by not helping their customers truth spoken!!!!!!!!!!!

AngelB53

by
by
by
by
by
by