3 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
michaelmancini says

so what are you suppose to do with this type of file then, i thought it was for word press theme upload. is there somewhere else to use this? i just want to use the theme i purchased. geeeze.

1028 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
ThemeBlvd says

so what are you suppose to do with this type of file then, i thought it was for word press theme upload. is there somewhere else to use this? i just want to use the theme i purchased. geeeze.

What theme did you buy?

3 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
michaelmancini says

it wouldn’t work with the downloaded version of wordpress.org. i had to switch from go daddy and go with blue host to make it work. and pull the “core” folder out of the zipped up file and rezip and then install it. works awesome for me now!

1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
kingofdaveness says

Yep, same problem. Installing using internal upload gets a ‘please try again’ warning. Manually unzipping the folder throws up a Broken Theme ‘stylesheet is missing’. I am really up against a wall here- how do I get this thing installed?

1 post
bmussman says

I am having the same issue as kingofdaveness. Installing using internal upload prompts the following when trying to just install the theme folder:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

Need a quick response. I have client waiting for initial screenshots of a functioning site.

469 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
+1 more
SaurabhSharma says

Hey bmussman,

As others mentioned in this thread, your download zip is not the theme itself. It is a collection of theme + documentation + PSD + other optional resources. You will need to unzip the download first. Next, either go through the documentation for installation instructions, or find the actual theme folder, say ‘xyz’.

That theme folder should be uploaded to the wp-content/themes/ directory. You can do so by using an FTP program, or by zipping the ‘xyz’ folder and uploading it via WordPress admin.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
AlohaSurfGuide says

thanks, fixed my problem.

1 post
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
kynauwaeme says

my wordpress does not give me the option to add a new theme. I have bluehost and recently bought a wp theme from them forest.

by
by
by
by
by
by