5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
kfleenor says

I just purchased a theme and it won’t upload to wordpress. I have tried unzipping the zip folder and then re-zipped the theme folder to try to see if I can upload that way. It still didn’t work and seems to just sit there for over 30mins when trying to upload. I also tried to go in and upload the theme folder directly to ftp but it says it is missing a style sheet and template. It also says it couldn’t upload all files. So once it is finished I still can’t activate the theme due to it being broken. Does anyone have any feedback on what I can do???

23 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
LTT_Webdesign says

Make sure what you bought is actually a wordpress theme and follow these steps…

Unzip the folder so you should see the contents, documentation and such

There should be something called “theme.zip” or something like that, you need to upload that!

5 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
kfleenor says

Thank you for your fast response… That’s the file I originally tried to upload but it wouldn’t work. However, I did just realize something. Since I just installed wordpress on godaddy.com, I think I might have to wait 24hrs before I can upload anything?? Does that sound right? Or no? Sorry I usually get a site up and running take a day or so to look for a theme and then upload.. Maybe I’m just rushing it this time?? :/ I hope at least!

by
by
by
by
by
by