I just purchased a theme and it won’t upload to wordpress. I have tried unzipping the zip folder and then re-zipped the theme folder to try to see if I can upload that way. It still didn’t work and seems to just sit there for over 30mins when trying to upload. I also tried to go in and upload the theme folder directly to ftp but it says it is missing a style sheet and template. It also says it couldn’t upload all files. So once it is finished I still can’t activate the theme due to it being broken. Does anyone have any feedback on what I can do???
- Download the file from Themeforest
- Unzip the file you have just downloaded
- Look for a zip file inside the zip file you have just unzipped
- Upload that zip file to your wordpress admin panel
thanks for the fast reply… However, I tried that.. It didn’t work. It just says its trying to contact the website on the bottom of the page… Ok so I have a few questions on to why it might not be working. I’ve never redone a website, just simply built them from scratch. So, if there is previous html files in the ftp do those all have to be deleted before wordpress templates can be uploaded? I’m just not sure what to leave and what to delete in the ftp. any suggestions?
What theme did you purchase? Are you 100% sure it’s a Wordpress theme?
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Beta Tester
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
Also make sure that you have Wordpress installed on your server.
Maybe it’s not a wordpress theme, please check!