I just purchased a theme and it won’t upload to wordpress. I have tried unzipping the zip folder and then re-zipped the theme folder to try to see if I can upload that way. It still didn’t work and seems to just sit there for over 30mins when trying to upload. I also tried to go in and upload the theme folder directly to ftp but it says it is missing a style sheet and template. It also says it couldn’t upload all files. So once it is finished I still can’t activate the theme due to it being broken. Does anyone have any feedback on what I can do???
- Download the file from Themeforest
- Unzip the file you have just downloaded
- Look for a zip file inside the zip file you have just unzipped
- Upload that zip file to your wordpress admin panel
thanks for the fast reply… However, I tried that.. It didn’t work. It just says its trying to contact the website on the bottom of the page… Ok so I have a few questions on to why it might not be working. I’ve never redone a website, just simply built them from scratch. So, if there is previous html files in the ftp do those all have to be deleted before wordpress templates can be uploaded? I’m just not sure what to leave and what to delete in the ftp. any suggestions?
What theme did you purchase? Are you 100% sure it’s a Wordpress theme?
Also make sure that you have Wordpress installed on your server.
Maybe it’s not a wordpress theme, please check!
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.